NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet and Kemper Kone

• I realy want an active cabinet with these features! :)

According to the video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- the active cab will come out later this year, it's definitely going to happen.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• According to the video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- the active cab will come out later this year, it's definitely going to happen.

Yes i heard it, but its not there yet! :) I realy like my DXR but it would be realy nice to have a mor guitarcab like feel, and look!

• I ordered an Xitone Michael Britt Cabinet (Silverface) at the end of April. As luck would have it, I found a used one on Craigslist used (Amazing sounding). I just received the New one today about 8 weeks from order date, I did not cancel the order as I was thinking I may want to run stereo. I am fine with Mono.

That being said and please forgive me in advance if this is against forum rules. I would like to sell the brand new cab (Unopened) for $1000 shipped. That is less than I paid for it. PM me if interested. If not, I will post on Reverb.

Again, I apologize if this is against forum rules.

Hello Robert,

There is a section on this site for this. Look in the sub-forum "User and dealer network" and post in the sub-section "For Sale: Music Gear Classifieds"

• Did the thread about the Kemper Cab/Kone get moved or mixed in with another thread? It used to be pinned here along with the editor and release 6 threads. I can't locate it.

Thanks

Sean

• I'm actually surprised that they didn't wait until both products were finalized (and by that I also mean an active Kabinet). I mean, the Kemper stage in combination with the active Kabinet is a great all in one solution. Most retailers would have offered them in a bundle. At this moment, people still need to look for other solutions. Offering directly a bundle definitely would have boosted Kabinet sales right from the start. But priorities and limited resources certainly played their part...

• That's a great point. It's been months since I've paid attention here. Have they said if the Kone/Kabinet will be have an amp? Since I own the powered toaster, I was hoping for a passive cabinet. .....I suspect I'm in the minority though.

• That's a great point. It's been months since I've paid attention here. Have they said if the Kone/Kabinet will be have an amp? Since I own the powered toaster, I was hoping for a passive cabinet. .....I suspect I'm in the minority though.

I believe the first iteration is passive, with a powered to come later

• Indeed, CK said at Winter NAMM that an active version was also planned. An active version makes much more sense, especially now with the Kemper Stage hitting the shelves.

I also have to admit that I have the non-powered toaster and that I definitely am going to wait for the active Kabinet as I don't want to have an additional power amp.

• I'm also wondering why they couldn't release the passive Kabinett at least until now.

Maybe they'll wait until the active Kabinett also is Ready for delivery. Just to get the business of the unpatient Kemper-Users who own a passive Toaster and would invest in an external power-stage.

• I'm also wondering why they couldn't release the passive Kabinett at least until now.

Maybe they'll wait until the active Kabinett also is Ready for delivery. Just to get the business of the unpatient Kemper-Users who own a passive Toaster and would invest in an external power-stage.

Software isn't ready. I'm guessing most of the effort is going into the editor right now

• On the question of Asian manufacture.. my day job is in product engineering for products somewhat similar to the Kemper from a hardware perspective (not operational or even in the same market), and I am involved in design and manufacture of the products. I have seen lots of excellent and terrible products from China, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc. And in a previous job I have seen some real junk made in Germany.

The actual location of the factory has no bearing whatsoever on the quality of the product. However it is the responsibility of the parent company to ensure the high quality of the products in their design and testing input, as well as QC. Often some products made in Asia are of poor quality as they were designed to be as inexpensive as possible, with substandard materials and test procedures. If the quality materials and processes were used in these same factories, superior results would be achieved.

It is true that the Kemper bag is vastly overpriced crap, and is totally out of whack with the quality of the rest of the Kemper line. Also Kemper did not make the bag. However Kemper totally bears the blame for the bag's quality, as they specified and approved it, and sells it under their name. They can certainly do much better than that. But all other Kemper products I have used or seen are of terrific quality.

• What?! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. The Kemper bag is awesome. It perfectly holds the Kemper, remote, mission expression pedal, and power & Ethernet cable. It also provides the right level of protection I need and is comfortable to carry. It was worth every penny.

Either you received a bad one, or we have very different needs/expectations on what a bag should do.