NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet and Kemper Kone

• Maybe it's time for the new thread

"Show us a picture of your Kemper bag!"

Starring: My 4 year old bag that's falling apart but still hanging in there despite one side literally busting at the seems.

Parts of the pockets have become unthreaded.

To make it more stable on amps I've modified the the foam layers on the walls so i can fold the flaps and it'll be more stable on a cab or table.

A new bag with removable flaps would be rad.

It's something to consider before the new kemper cabs come out and you find that the flaps either block the speaker or make it unstable when pressing buttons with the flaps folded underneath

Of course, if you take the whole thing out of the bag, none of this applies. ^^:P;)

• I'm also wondering why they couldn't release the passive Kabinett at least until now.

Maybe they'll wait until the active Kabinett also is Ready for delivery. Just to get the business of the unpatient Kemper-Users who own a passive Toaster and would invest in an external power-stage.

I suspect it has to do with developing the Stage, optimizing the OS and getting Rig Manager up to snuff. Once that's stable and in general release, now add the Kone and extra functionality. Shipping all that is a huge ask.

Then add another new product? One largely dependent on the firmware and software running properly to perform as advertised? Get it produced, QC'd and out to retailers at the same time? Ugh...

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Indeed, such a thread would be interesting. I'll take a few pics of my shredded bag, but the carry strap is long gone (it fell apart about the same time the strap hook webbing broke and the Kemper hit the floor. Twice.) The bag wouldn't be so bad if it only cost $30 or so, but for the price it is sad.

I'd be pleased if it had the same quality and longevity as most any simple tool bags you can buy at the local hardware store at 25% of the cost. The bag I am using now is a slightly modified tool bag with a handle and rollers, tough as a boot and very protective, and only cost $60.

• the carry strap is long gone (it fell apart about the same time the strap hook webbing broke and the Kemper hit the floor. Twice.)

They’ve changed the joints since then, luckily.

Mine eventually did the same (twice), and my Remote has a mighty dent to prove it. All still works, though

• I think we'll see the active Kabinet at the same time as the passive one as well. Given that the Stage is unpowered and there are a lot of unpowered toaster users, it would make the most sense to cater to them as well.

How much power do you think the active Kabinet will have? 200 watts?

And will the passive cabinet be able to handle all 600 watts of the Kemper? Perhaps some kind of automatic volume reduction to prevent the speaker blowing on the passive model? That would be a great feature.

• And will the passive cabinet be able to handle all 600 watts of the Kemper? Perhaps some kind of automatic volume reduction to prevent the speaker blowing on the passive model? That would be a great feature.

That's a most interesting Question because of the 200 Watts the F12 seems to have

• This picture implies that the Profiler-Stage can drive a Kemper Kone.

Can we expect an active Kemper-Kone released in the near future ?

At Winter NAMM, CK specifically said the passive cab would come first and was a touch vague on the powered model.

• Is it just me or is anyone more excited about the Kemper cab than the recent OS/Stage/Editor hype?

The thought of hearing the Kemper as it is intended to be heared, through an engineered solution designed by the OEM, has me about as excited as I was when the Kemper was first announced.

Tease us Kemper team, an update please please please ?

• Is it just me or is anyone more excited about the Kemper cab than the recent OS/Stage/Editor hype?

The thought of hearing the Kemper as it is intended to be heared, through an engineered solution designed by the OEM, has me about as excited as I was when the Kemper was first announced.

Tease us Kemper team, an update please please please ?

Agreed. I've literally got money burning a hole in my pocket waiting on this.

Well....this...and for when my name comes up on the King of Tone waiting list.... :)

• Agreed. I've literally got money burning a hole in my pocket waiting on this.

Well....this...and for when my name comes up on the King of Tone waiting list.... :)

Ha! I put myself on the list in Sep 2017...you?

As for the Kone, it only seems like three of us here are planning on buying it on day 1. I'm not hearing much hype about it anywhere else. Also lots of discussion about other recent FRFR/cab purchases by users here, don't know why anyone would buy anything until this is released and reviewed. Oh well, too bad for them

• As for the Kone, it only seems like three of us here are planning on buying it on day 1. I'm not hearing much hype about it anywhere else. Also lots of discussion about other recent FRFR/cab purchases by users here, don't know why anyone would buy anything until this is released and reviewed. Oh well, too bad for them

I want both a Kemper Kabinet and a FRFR.

Certain profile types like Studio and Merged might actually sound better with a FRFR. Adding speaker emulation DSP might be detrimental to the overall sound. But a DAP with a Kemper Kabinet might be heavenly.

The use of a DAP and a traditional guitar cabinet should get just as close to 'amp in the room' sound as a DAP with the Kemper Kabinet. The difference between the two would be negligible assuming the Kemper technology gets really close to modeling the speaker types they include.

There is nothing inherently better about the technology of modeling a Vintage 30 in a 1 x 12 cab, than using a real Vintage 30 in the same cab. So I doubt it will get you any closer to what you conceive of as "hearing the Kemper as it is intended to be heard". You just won't need as many real cabs to cover the modeled speakers offered by the Kemper technology.

One of the areas that has not been addressed with the Kemper Kabinet is ports, open backs, and specific cabinet dimensions and designs (think Thiele, for example). I doubt that these parameters will be included in the initial models.

Another parameter which might be desirable would be speaker loading. Using a 16 ohm cab with an 8 ohm output will definitely sound different than an 8 ohm load. So will using a 2 ohm load with an 8 ohm output. It might be a nice parameter to have available. Since the loading would only be modeled as a sound quality parameter, there would be no electrical downside. The actual cab will always provide the nominal load to the amplifier that it is designed to handle.

Finally, Kemper, please add a Polytone driver to the models list. Kemper Kones should be able to help with jazz tones too.8)

• Ha! I put myself on the list in Sep 2017...you?

As for the Kone, it only seems like three of us here are planning on buying it on day 1. I'm not hearing much hype about it anywhere else. Also lots of discussion about other recent FRFR/cab purchases by users here, don't know why anyone would buy anything until this is released and reviewed. Oh well, too bad for them

Pretty sure my slot is from November '17.

As for the hype for the speaker, once the editor is released I think you'll see more interest. All anyone wants to talk about is OS 7 and when will RM 3.0 ship.

I don't *need* an FRFR at the moment, so waiting is no big deal. Besides, respect given to others and their preferences, I find 99% of what's out there either tragically overpriced, butt-ugly or both.

(**The above is an opinion of one person on an internet forum. You're welcome to disagree/dislike. I'd be shocked if someone wasn't. You're entitled to your opinion. Permit me to have and express mine. Contrary to prevailing wisdom.....it's OK to disagree.**)

• There is nothing inherently better about the technology of modeling a Vintage 30 in a 1 x 12 cab, than using a real Vintage 30 in the same cab. So I doubt it will get you any closer to what you conceive of as "hearing the Kemper as it is intended to be heard". You just won't need as many real cabs to cover the modeled speakers offered by the Kemper technology.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Who knows what magic Kemper will sprinkle over their 1x12? They’ve worked miracles before with the profiler, and this is their biggest innovative release since that platform. I’d be surprised if it’s as simple as a speaker modeller 1x12 akin to the L6 PowerCab (that was a big disappointment). Knowing Kemper’s attention to detail and engineering prowess, I’m excited to see if they can turn the FRFR/Cab situation on its head as it has with the amplifier head.

I don’t agree or disagree with you. I’m in the camp that buys the matching cab that goes with an amp because the way I see it, that is the datum for the amps design. The KPA is many amps and came before the cab, so I’m very interested to see how the Kemper Cab turns out.

Let’s face it, Team Kemper are confident enough to stick a HUGE Kemper kite logo on it so it’s going to be amazing ?

• One passive and one powered for me.

I'll run stereo through monitor out and direct out AND I'll run main xlr through 2 alto ts312's giving me a 4x12 half frfr half K cabs.

Unless I end up getting the Stage , then i guess I'll split it. So much is so close to being had.

I'm not sure if i even want pedals anymore but I still get them and I still constantly rearrange boards all the time. :/:wacko::S

• For me the kone is the thing I really look forward to the most. I'm sure it will take the amp in the room feeling to a whole new level and pull these guys who hate the mic'ed amp sound back in the game. I'm really curious how the speaker will sound and if I'd only start using direct profiles and leave all studio and IR's behind me :)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp