NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet and Kemper Kone

• Does anybody know, if the software speaker emulation done in Kemper in software 7.0 (V30, G12, Jensen..) with Kone speaker/cab, will be available on Cabinet output or also main outputs?

• Does anybody know, if the software speaker emulation done in Kemper in software 7.0 (V30, G12, Jensen..) with Kone speaker/cab, will be available on Cabinet output or also main outputs?

Not known for sure, but it looks like you have to tick a box that indicates that you are using the Kone. In that case, you should be able to use the speaker imprints on the monitor/direct output.

However, it's unclear what kind of voodoo is going on with the speaker that would make it sound like the modelled speaker, so your mileage may vary.

• Not known for sure, but it looks like you have to tick a box that indicates that you are using the Kone. In that case, you should be able to use the speaker imprints on the monitor/direct output.

However, it's unclear what kind of voodoo is going on with the speaker that would make it sound like the modelled speaker, so your mileage may vary.

I've always called it German Wizardry hahaha

I'm guessing the routing will be focused on the monitor and direct out although I'm not gonna rule out main outs too either at release or either down the road after enough feature requests. For sure Monitor out seems like the no brainer.

I suppose to people may want to have 2 different types of Kones available at the same time too . Greenback for this one and v30 for that one etc.

• Is it vaporware?

No. Vaporware implies it never existed. It does and the public has seen it.

Im betting OS 7 *has* to be in general release first. Without it, preset management doesn’t exist. Plus, having an OS in beta and a new RM at the same time is a good way to blow up software....and have no idea what was responsible. Bugs on top of bugs.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I know I was digging our American comrades ?

Its alright, we just took the info you were using and fixed it. ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I think it would be cool to see the powered version with stereo ins and enough power to drive an unpowered Kemper Cab as it’s stereo mate. For those just wanting to run one mono cab, they can still buy either powered or unpowered, but those wanting to run stereo could save a little (in theory) by not having to buy two powered units.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

Edited once, last by BuckeyeBrown ().

• I think it would be cool to see the powered version with stereo ins and enough power to drive an unpowered Kemper Cab as it’s stereo mate. For those just wanting to run one mono cab, they can still choose powered or unpowered, but those wanting to run stereo could save a little (in theory) by not having to buy two powered units.

I actually had to read this twice lol

But, I think this is a good idea in theory.

Might have to read it again haha

• Then you get marketing people and customers talking about engineers like they're children.

Thats ok, you should hear what engineers say about marketeers and some customers. Many marketeers and sales folks I work with act like spoiled petulant preteens.

• My usual go-to statement about Marketing and Sales folks... "Wait, it compiled? SHIP IT!!! I already sold 1 trillion of these (by promising feature(s) that were never in-scope) and I'm about to make the company zillions!"

Needless to say, I've been on both sides of that particular fence in my ~30 years of working for Texas Instruments and the small company I work for now. Some of the things said about engineers have been true... and some of the stuff that the engineers say about Sales and Marketing also have basis in the truth, at least in my experience. That being said, since I'm an Electrical Engineer by degree but a certified PMP, I tend to side with the sparkies more often than not, though trying to wrangle them, keep them on schedule, under budget, and within scope, is a full time job. :)

We now return you to, "When does Summer end for Kemper" and other riveting discussions, whining, excitement, whinging, drooling, wailing and gnashing of teeth. :)

Jeffro

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston