NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet and Kemper Kone

• There's zero harm in them putting out teasers of the Kone IMO. I think it's good marketing. They were able to agree and finish the outside quickly so no reason not to get it out there while they perfect the tech.

• Except that the picture seems to imply that the Stage is running straight into the Kone. I'm still thinking early next year will be optimistic for the Kone. Not because of the speaker hardware, but because of the software changes required.

No it doesn't, it shows the Stage power cord running along the back of the cab and out the other side. One main out is going to the drummer's monitor and the other main out goes well beyond the cab and disappears. What do I think that means? Absolutely nothing, the photographer wanted it to look realistic and clean and didn't want to bunch cables together. My point is, you can't read too much into it

• Give us the Kabinet Kone or whatever it's going to be Kalled!

I've been waiting to build an audio/guitar gear rack that will fit it and thought it would have been out for sure by now. At least give us a date.

• „Maybe Winter Namm 2020?... probably“ (58:32)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The Kabinet is for me, a more desirable upgrade to my Kemper universe than the editor, the Stage, or new effects blocks.

I found Christoph's explanation of how and where he got the Kabinet's concept revealing . I do wish he had

elaborated at least a little bit on how the speaker models that will be available in the Profiler are different

than the models used in Line 6's Powercab. My expectation bar is high with respect to the Kabinet's
    modeling technology. I expect some Kemper magic.

Christoph mentioned amp wattage at one point when talking about a powered Stage. Then he said that due to

users desiring differing wattage levels, it made more sense to add the amp to the Kabinet. But he said nothing

about power requirements for the passive version of the Kabinet.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Hi, I didn't follow this thread at all but I'm about to go FRFR (for many reason) and just remember about this product (look very nice) probably not the best for me but I have some questions (probably answers are in this topic but I just came in)

Is it only a passive cab ?

Is it only for guitar or it can do bass profiles (and synth sounds) ?

Any idea of the price range ?

Thx 8o

• Given prior statements from Kemper, the Kemper Kab will initially only be offered in a passive version...with a powered (active) version still in development.

It will be able to do Bass profiles. It will also have ability to connect and use with keyboard (through suitable amplifier).

No idea of pricing, as nothing has been announced.

Cheers,

John

• Probably should be clear on what type of bass will be suitable. I don't believe it will be able to handle 5-string bass with the low string tuned to B or lower, at least that is my understanding. For typically tuned 4-string bass, I think it will be fine. I'd love to hear that my understanding is wrong, though.

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Probably should be clear on what type of bass will be suitable. I don't believe it will be able to handle 5-string bass with the low string tuned to B or lower, at least that is my understanding. For typically tuned 4-string bass, I think it will be fine. I'd love to hear that my understanding is wrong, though.

Jeff

Don't be negative and make assumptions before you know anythng. You might be positive surprised when it's released.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Don't be negative and make assumptions before you know anythng. You might be positive surprised when it's released.

It's not being negative... it's the science of physics. I'm not getting down on the product that hasn't even been released. I'm just saying it's best to temper your expectations on the bass response. That being said, we will see when it hits the market.

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston