Kemper as A/B box for Bass sound (w/ octaver) and guitar

• Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to replicate my analog rig with the Kemper. This was not easy to figure out with all my analog pedals, and is a heavy load to bring all the stuff, as you can imagine. I play live without a bass player and found a solution to get a full sound out of one guitar.
    Offcourse, the Kemper is great to use as an amp in this situation because of the flexibility. But I'm specifically asking whether the next setup is possible with the Kemper alone.

So here is my setup with a Lehle ABC box:
    A is the guitar sound, B the bass sound and C is the combination.

Guitar->A--> Guitar pedals--> Amp--> FX send/return --> FOH

->B --> Octaver pedal -12 --> Bass Amp --> FOH

I looked into parallel paths and the built in octaver, but I cannot seem to find an option to use the remote to route different signals to different outputs, so does this mean this is impossible to replicate? I need to be able to use A and B seperately and together and have live control over this. B is still going to a bass amp as this will sound a lot better probably.

Looking forward to your ideas!
    Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Maybe Performance mode is the solution if I can assign different outputs for each rig? Lots of thinking ahead of me :p

Edited once, last by LeoKron ().

• I would definitely use parallel paths but you are correct that you currently can't send them to different amps. It would be great if you could assign each path to a different output or use the panorama control to pan the main path to one position (say full left) and the parallel path to another say full (right) which would allow massive control and flexibility. I think it would be a great addition some day to be able to do this but the team clearly already have a lot to work on at the moment :)

I am not sure I fully agree with your assumption that you need two different amps to make this work though. You are sending both signals to FOH eventually so the audience will be getting the combined sound in full range. Therefore, the issue is presumably just what you hear on stage for monitoring purposes. In this case I would try an FRFR speaker with a a 12" or 15" main driver. Try a few and see what works best for you.

I would set up the signal path as Guitar > KPA > Stomps A and B set to parallel path using whatever you need for bass (octaver and compressor / octaver and distortion / octaver and EQ / etc) > Stomps C, D onward get guitar signal.

The downside to this is that FOH will be getting the equivalent of a DI bass signal rather than a bass amp. However, that is what most bass players send to FOH anyway so probably isn't a massive issue. Also you are limited to only 2 effects. it would be nice to be able to assign any number of effects to either path.

In order to control the A/B/C switching set up parallel path mix to morph. You should be able to use an expression pedal to get anywhere from all guitar sound to all bass sound and anything in between.

• In order to control the A/B/C switching set up parallel path mix to morph. You should be able to use an expression pedal to get anywhere from all guitar sound to all bass sound and anything in between.

Genius! Hope I can get that to work. Thanks for the smart replies on the other topics as well. Helps me a lot figuring this out!:thumbup::thumbup: