Profiler OS6 Operating System

• Was it not in the Tone Junkie video? I can remember now. Hmmm...

The one that was in that summer namm tone junkie video that was not in the 5.7 release is the Formant Reverb. In one of the Namm videos that had Burkhard in it he mentioned they had two new "esoteric" reverbs I think he called them one called Ionosphere and one called Formant. Did Tone Junkie get to do another exclusive video of Ionosphere? The Reverbs in 5.7 capture most of the big sky sounds except for Formant (Chorale in Stymon) and Shimmer. I really love that Formant mode on Big Sky. Sounds like a choir of angels is singing behind your guitar.

• Can anyone from Kemper say a few words about the new Acoustic SIM?This would be very helpful to let me "calm down" a bit as long as I will wait patiently untill I can try it.

It is not about profiling thus is it about selecting several types of acoustic guitar models to tweak them?Some more Infos would be nice.Will there be other acoustic stuff like dobro/sitar style type of things?

Thanks in advance..

• The one that was in that summer namm tone junkie video that was not in the 5.7 release is the Formant Reverb. In one of the Namm videos that had Burkhard in it he mentioned they had two new "esoteric" reverbs I think he called them one called Ionosphere and one called Formant. Did Tone Junkie get to do another exclusive video of Ionosphere? The Reverbs in 5.7 capture most of the big sky sounds except for Formant (Chorale in Stymon) and Shimmer. I really love that Formant mode on Big Sky. Sounds like a choir of angels is singing behind your guitar.

Ahh yes, I was mixing it up with the Formant type. I also noticed a typo in the text of mine you quoted. It should’ve said “can’t remember”, lol!

• Maybe the Morph-function could help. At least with two profiles.

You could make a Profile at the starting Gain-setting of the amp and a second at the higher Gain-setting. Afterwards you could copy These Settings (Gain, Amp-Parameters, EQs, Volumes) into the first Profile as the morphing-end-Setting.

Not quite what I mean. I don;t want to access more profiles but suggested making the profiles more accurate.

As you adjust gain, eq etc on a profile, it will be an approximation of what the real amp would do. I suggesting that the profiling process could include more than one setting...this is why there are multiple profiles of the same amp at different settings.

I'm thinking - profile one chanel of an amp at full gain, mid gain and low/no gain. Then the KPA has the reference points to work out how it sounds inbetween...meaning when you then adjust the gain its likely to be much closer than if it was profiled at full gain and you turn the gain down on the KPA.

Just a thought...

• Looking forward to the acoustic simulator. I wonder how you tune it for each pickup, or maybe you just have to choose a pickup, like the bridge, and voice it for that pickup. Anytime you turn on the acoustic sim you would need to switch to that pickup?

Will the acoustic simulator be a stomp/effect? Or something within the rig settings?

I use a piezo equipped electric guitar a lot. The way I handle this with the Kemper right now is I just some magnetic pickup signal to the Kemper and the piezo to a separate stereo DI box with its own effects. I think send the left and right outputs to the stereo aux inputs of the kemper, just like one would do when sending MP3 music into the kemper. I then adjust the volume of aux to the master output to be level with my electric. This way I have independent control of both acoustic and electric and the Kemper acts as a mixer before sending the mixed signal to the car master outs. It works quite nice.

If the new acoustic sim sounds good, it would be nice to use some of my electric guitars only and still have the option to have an acoustic sound. If I could have a parallel path within the kemper to simulate acoustic and layer electric with that, that would be really cool. But not sure how you could do that. Can you designate effects slots for separate parallel paths of the signal?

Also, if the acoustic sim is on, do you have to turn off the amp and cab blocks?

• The one answer I haven't seen anywhere, and it seems to get buried by other interesting facts, is if the new preset management will also apply to rigs (not just effects). I would love to have all of the manufacturers (Fender, Mesa, Orange) in the left column, then the amps (Twin, Princeton, Vibrolux) in the middle column, then the profiles in the right. I've curated Rig Manager in this format already just to keep things straight. In addition, those of us with profiles from the companies that put out full sets of profiles at multiple gain stages, this would be incredible.

• The one answer I haven't seen anywhere, and it seems to get buried by other interesting facts, is if the new preset management will also apply to rigs (not just effects). I would love to have all of the manufacturers (Fender, Mesa, Orange) in the left column, then the amps (Twin, Princeton, Vibrolux) in the middle column, then the profiles in the right. I've curated Rig Manager in this format already just to keep things straight. In addition, those of us with profiles from the companies that put out full sets of profiles at multiple gain stages, this would be incredible.

I can understand the urge to do this, though in practice, I think it’s a bit useless. Depending on how you mic and EQ a profile, a Fender can sound like a Marshall, can sound like an Engl, can sound like a Bogner... etc etc

One of the reasons why people searching for a particular amp always makes me chuckle (unless it’s something fairly unique, like an AC30 compared to a Marshall, for example).

Please don’t take this as hating on your request, just that there are so many more variables when making a profile compared to traditional modelling.

• I would like to be able to set a default layout that would apply to all folders I create going forward instead of having to select and unselect what I want every time.

• I can understand the urge to do this, though in practice, I think it’s a bit useless. Depending on how you mic and EQ a profile, a Fender can sound like a Marshall, can sound like an Engl, can sound like a Bogner... etc etc

One of the reasons why people searching for a particular amp always makes me chuckle (unless it’s something fairly unique, like an AC30 compared to a Marshall, for example).

Please don’t take this as hating on your request, just that there are so many more variables when making a profile compared to traditional modelling.

Another aspect is that manufacturers make up their own version of non-trdemark-infringing names, which would mean that you would have 10 columns of different versions of the name "Marshall", ten versions of the name "Fender" etc etc

• The preset management looks fantastic. I've been asking for this since I got the toaster years ago and the implementation looks like all I could have asked for.

Will there be any improvements to MIDI functionality in 6.0? Is there a mother octopus in sight? Just wondering.

Edited once, last by drbill ().

• Can anyone from Kemper say a few words about the new Acoustic SIM?This would be very helpful to let me "calm down" a bit as long as I will wait patiently untill I can try it.

It is not about profiling thus is it about selecting several types of acoustic guitar models to tweak them?Some more Infos would be nice.Will there be other acoustic stuff like dobro/sitar style type of things?

Thanks in advance..

The Acoustic Guitar Simulation is for use with electrical guitars. So, it makes your electrical guitar sound like an acoustic guitar.

• The new preset handling is basically an integrated screen for effect category, effect type, and effect preset selection in the PROFILER user interface plus the capability to manage all kinds of presets (input presets, amplifier presets, cabinet presets, stack presets, effect presets , output presets) in Rig Manager.

There are no plans to establish any folders and subfolders in the PROFILER Rig pool. We don't recommend to use the PROFILER as a sound collection machine. This is the domain of Rig Manager. If you focus the PROFILER Rig pool to those sounds you really use for your day to day playing, we don't see a need for Rig folders in the PROFILER UI.

• The Acoustic Guitar Simulation is for use with electrical guitars. So, it makes your electrical guitar sound like an acoustic guitar.

Awesome.. I hoped for a little bit more info to be honest but if "this is it" for now I will wait patiently.:)

• The new preset handling is basically an integrated screen for effect category, effect type, and effect preset selection in the PROFILER user interface plus the capability to manage all kinds of presets (input presets, amplifier presets, cabinet presets, stack presets, effect presets , output presets) in Rig Manager.

There are no plans to establish any folders and subfolders in the PROFILER Rig pool. We don't recommend to use the PROFILER as a sound collection machine. This is the domain of Rig Manager. If you focus the PROFILER Rig pool to those sounds you really use for your day to day playing, we don't see a need for Rig folders in the PROFILER UI.

Burkhard

Will we be able to tweak a preset and save to it, or will the current mode of having to save a copy persist?