Profiler OS6 Operating System

• What a shame. I wanted to know if it was simply one of those Boss type effects with octave up and a mountain of treble, or something more creative.

I guess it is still being evaluated.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I want to hear the electric to acoustic effect too. If it comes close, but is still an obvious simulation, I think the UAD platform's Sound Machine Woodworks plugin might get it all the way. It does a really nice job of making a piezzo sound really close to the sound of a mic on an acoustic guitar.

I'd put the acoustic sim in a stomp slot with my Apollo into the X slot running Woodworks.

• @G String, Is there any chance that OS6 will let the user use the S/PDIF ports as I/O for the X Slot? There are three reasons this would be a great upgrade.

1. If this was implemented, then maybe you could have a second X Slot in OS6 with which you could use analog pedals via the analog I/O.

2. I'd love to be able to connect my UA Apollo via S/PDIF so I could use it with my UAD effects without going through D/A and A/D conversion that is both unnecessary and redundant. I currently must use the analog I/O to use my Apollo with the X Slot.

By staying in the digital domain, overall round trip monitoring latency might be lower. Of course there's no way of testing this hypothesis unless the premise is implemented.

3. With digital I/O, audio quality will be higher.

BTW, I am getting this to use my pedals through my X Slot:

https://aisynthesis.com/ai-syn…-ai006-stomp-box-adapter/

• Quite honestly I don't care if it is "just another acoustic sim"..like in a cheap L6 box..

From Kemper I expect something more "special".I even hope we get some "exotic parameters"..sympathetic strings/resonator etc..please..

I mean..this is @CK..the man with the Virus..

• I hope the new presets management will allow to easily know what effect preset is used in a rig.

It's actually a real problem to know the preset name in a rig.

Once a Preset is copied into a rig, it is no longer a Preset, because you may have changed the parameters.

But, you can EXPORT those effect settings out of a rig, as a new Preset with a name that helps you know the sound of the Preset.

• Today, if i choose a rig, i'm not able to know what preset effect name it has.

Hello azeryvince,

I am confused with your statement / question. A "preset", by definition, is an effect that has specifically tweaked parameters. For example, the factory Reverb "presets" that are offered in Kemper's new Beta release, have been given certain individualized names -- they have to, because by definition, a preset has to have a name associated with it -- that is the only way it can be stored.

When you load up some arbitrary Rig in Rig Manager (or a Rig contained within the KPA), it will tell you what the effect type is

(e.g. Reverb --> Natural Reverb), but it will not have an effect "preset" name associated with it, for one of two obvious reasons:

A) The effect never started its life as a "preset" in the first place.

B) If the effect originally used an effect "preset" as its original basis, it probably has been subsequently tweaked and modified, as it became part of a finalized "Rig".

• Thanks tritium for this answer.

You've right, but if i tweak a rig, and i customize its reverb :

For exemple, i name this reverb "Gold reverb". I save my customized reverb and my rig.

3 months after, i come back and use this rig with this reverb, without tweaking again.

I'm unable to know the name of the reverb i used in this rig 3 months ago.

After this, i think it's possible in OS to come that, even if i tweaked this reverb and save the rig without save the reverb, this tweaked reverb take the following name : "Gold reverb* " or "Gold reverb +" to mean that it has been tweaked.

For the reverb that have never has been tweaked the case doesn't arise.

• I'm wondering if there are any insights the Kemper folks are able to offer regarding the effect of the new OS (when released) on existing profiles / presets / performances / etc. Specifically, I'm interested in what areas and how much effort will be needed to take what we currently have in our production systems once we've installed OS 6 and get them back to what they were before the upgrade.

For instance, from reading the beta threads I know that the current reverbs will be combined into a single legacy reverb, and judging by comments from those more knowledgeable than me, the sound is somewhat different in that context. So, some tweaking is required to get back to what you had before the new release. Since preset management is another star of the show, it seems like an area where similar changes might take place.

As a fairly new user, most of my time has been spent just getting a feel for the wheel, and lots of time just playing guitar because it sounds so good doing nothing more than picking an appropriate profile and pressing the Do It button.

However, last night I was working on some cover stuff, selecting and tweaking some presets, etc. and finally reached the point where I was thinking about saving off my own custom presets and other such things. I immediately put those thoughts on hold because OS 6 is right around the corner (more or less) and I don't want to visit the same real estate twice.

I know better than to ask about what features are planned for a new product, or what the release date will be. However, since this is in regards to the impact a new release will have on the data in the existing one, perhaps it's in bounds enough that the Kemper guys would be able to speak to it. I'd be grateful for any info you could offer on this topic.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• However, since this is in regards to the impact a new release will have on the data in the existing one, perhaps it's in bounds enough that the Kemper guys would be able to speak to it. I'd be grateful for any info you could offer on this topic.

I think you can start adjusting your profiles for yourself.

I can't confirm the messages that the original reverbs now sound very different.

Maybe it's because I usually use FX, delay and reverb rather sparingly and I'm not so sensitive, if the sound is a bit different as long as it's good.

You actually can consider this effect in every new venue .

I don't expect any big sound changes in the next revision except the possibility to have Acc-simulation and I think there's something going on with the OD's as well. (certainly not to worse sound)

The biggest change will probably be the usability.

I'm almost sure that in half a year you'll be annoyed to have wasted so much time just because you're afraid that the reverb might sound a little different because somebody complained this here. ;)

• Ah, thanks azertyvince...I had misunderstood your specific issue.

Indeed, you are correct, and raise a good point. If you have made your own effect presets, storing them with a unique name, then when you copy / incorporate that effect preset into a Rig, the preset name does not carry over into the Rig.

So, unless you make some external notes or log, you may not remember what specific preset was used in that Rig, after a period of time has transpired.

Cheers,

John

Edited once, last by Tritium ().

• flyingheelhook I know this is a big issue for you, I'm still not clear what you are after though?

Apologies I know you've said it a few times but I've failed to really understand.

CI think what you have requested brings its own problems i.e. you then link a preset to a rig, so if I change the "preset" in a rig, its changes it in all rigs? Is that the jist of it?

The present management I think so far proposed is more about organizing the views of the presets not how they are linked to rigs I think, hence doesn;t answer your issue.

Have I got that right?

• Basically, I would like files to behave like files normally do on any other ‘computer’ system. Meaning you can edit and save TO them; you aren’t forced to make a copy every time you want to edit the file; file names are unique; you can use the same file in multiple places; you can edit the single file and those edits are incorporated everywhere that file is used; you can look at it, or wherever it is used and know exactly what it is, etc. That is the way every computer and computer program and file management system I have ever used has functioned - and for the life of me I don’t get the ‘logic’ of deviation from that paradigm.

However, at this point, the preponderance of the evidence from the user base and a Kemper team would suggest that is crazy, and too much to ask, and few people see the value. I am pretty much done with it. YMMV

• I’m not sure if you can do a soft blend through an expression pedal, but you should be able to set this up today through some remote manipulation. Maybe one button moves it to half way gain and the next moves it to full. Ie, take your highest gain profile, then dial it down to half way and then set a button on the remote, then another from halfway to clean. Then the buttons would just be in reverse of what you want. You could also get there using a overdrive effect and assign an expression pedal to the mix. Then you could setup an expression pedal for the wet / dry effect mixes from zero to 100%.

Kemper supports up to 4 expression pedals today via the remote.