Profiler OS6 Operating System

• so one thing i couldn't figure out from all the videos is if the 'Preset Management' will also apply to the rig presets, one of the things that's bugging me the most is to browse through the presets on the hardware with just one master list and no categories ... are we getting preset banks now so we can organize our rig presets properly (like say i'd like to have banks by amp type or by author or Mbritt pack or by speaker) ??? or is the preset management only for fx chains and we're stuck with favorites and the few filters in the browse dialog for rigs ?

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• Hi G String. Are you able to give any indication of the expected launch date for OS6?

As I have said a number of times already. I really appreciate all the stuff you guys have done recently including new Rverbs etc even though I don't personally have much need for them. However, the hardware based preset management in the new OS6 is a major game changer for me so I am really excited about this and desperate to get my hands on it :)

• Hi G String. Are you able to give any indication of the expected launch date for OS6?

As I have said a number of times already. I really appreciate all the stuff you guys have done recently including new Rverbs etc even though I don't personally have much need for them. However, the hardware based preset management in the new OS6 is a major game changer for me so I am really excited about this and desperate to get my hands on it :)

once available, we'll post news where appropriate. so, no ETA for you at the very moment, sorry.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• The preset management will be a huge improvement to the workflow on the KPA ...... and will of course allow editors to help with preset management easily as well.

This was my #2 on the wish list ..... behind the new reverbs :)

Just another example of Kemper listening to its customers.

• I assume the OS6 thread is best place for this...

Are we missing something important here guys?...

This is the company that makes the best amp simulation in the world. Is it worth us speculating that the acoustic simulation is even half as good as the amp profiling is? Potentially using the same type of algorithm to achieve the simulation maybe?

After all, acoustic IRs exist, why not profile acoustic guitars?

Or am I just blowing this one way out of proportion? The almost flippant nature of the way it was announced as a minor effect suggests it's nothing more than a simple approximation.

One can hope its more :)

Edit: also worth noting that you'd rarely want to run an acoustic guitar through a Mesa Dual Rec or Marshall JCM800...so where will this effect fit in the stack? You'd rarely need a cabinet either...worth thinking about, I think.

• The real massive advance would be if we can use parallel paths to run the Acoustic simulation and an electric amp together. At the moment I need to run my piezo equipped PRS P22 with one output going into the KPA and the other to a DI box and into the PA if I want to run them together. Running just one or the other is easy enough but combining them is a real pain. If the ne acoustic simulator allows us to run a single guitar input to the KPA from a magnetic pickup then split it into a a normal signal PLUS a simulated acoustic that will be a game changer - no more need to carry a piezo equipped guitar etc :)

• The real massive advance would be if we can use parallel paths to run the Acoustic simulation and an electric amp together. At the moment I need to run my piezo equipped PRS P22 with one output going into the KPA and the other to a DI box and into the PA if I want to run them together. Running just one or the other is easy enough but combining them is a real pain. If the ne acoustic simulator allows us to run a single guitar input to the KPA from a magnetic pickup then split it into a a normal signal PLUS a simulated acoustic that will be a game changer - no more need to carry a piezo equipped guitar etc :)

Can't you run your acoustic through the Aux input after the amp?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Can't you run your acoustic through the Aux input after the amp?

That's a good idea. I have used it with the Loop in Stomp A and Parallel path which worked OK but didn't give access to any reverb etc. Now that Reverbs can go anywhere that wouldn't be an issue any longer but the using the loop method I only have one FX slot so Compressor EQ and REV wouldn't work for example. Running the Acoustic in the Aux or with the Loop after the stack would work to some extent but would mean that I would have the acoustic and amp going through the same effects. I don't use many effects on electric but Comp EQ and Rev are sort of necessary for acoustic.

I might play around with that idea a little though. Thanks :thumbup: