Profiler OS6 Operating System

• Serious questions don't always have to have sarcastic answers. I think it was a perfectly reasonable request for information. What's wrong with asking that?

I don't believe it was a sarcastic answer.It was the attempt to answer to the degree right now possible.Seems like this sim is still in the works.So it makes no sense right now to give detailed info about it.This is fine with me.

• We don't recommend to use the PROFILER as a sound collection machine. This is the domain of Rig Manager.

As a newbie I'm really struggling with this. I have +600 profiles on the Kemper and these are just the ones I bought. I really have a hard time going through all the profiles and choosing some I want to delete. Even the dull / muddier / darker profiles can be tweaked into a great sound (without me having the feeling of the sound not being authentic anymore). Definitely feels like a rabbit hole and I sit there tweaking and not playing. But I only spent like 10-15 hours with the unit? Maybe I just need to get through everything and select my top 5 for every amp and build a performance for each amp.

A bit off topic sorry...

Definitely looking forward to the new preset management though. I was afraid of getting a Kemper just before NAMM in case I would miss out on something new. But this machine seems to be keeping on giving ;)

• As a newbie I'm really struggling with this. I have +600 profiles on the Kemper and these are just the ones I bought

I have 2000, which is insane. I blame Black Friday. :)

Burkhard's point, which I completely agree with, is about the profiler itself. I probably only have 20 or so profiles on the unit (I even deleted the factory ones I don't use after copying them to the local library). When you get into large numbers, scrolling through them on the LCD alone would be tedious. Instead, as he pointed out, this is an area where Rig Manager shines.

I have all of my profiles in the local library section. When I want to audition sounds, that's where I go. Double clicking on any of of them will copy the profile to a temporary buffer in the profiler itself so that I can play around with it. When I select a new sound in my local library, the profiler immediately updates to reflect that.

With this workflow, I do all my testing, etc. via Rig Manager and when I find ones that I know I want to use, only then do I copy them to the profiler. And more often than not, I'm actually putting them into performances (locally) and then copying that performance to the profiler.

So, no need to take your +600 profiles offline. Just keep your entire collection in the local section of Rig Manager, do your experimentation there, and then copy the winners to the profiler. Your Browse knob will thank you. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Chris Duncan Thanks. That makes total sense. I bought 7 amps so my target will be to have max 5 profiles to cover each amp in order to fill up 1 performance. That way I should be able to reduce the number of profiles to 35 on the Kemper. I'm gonna delete everything from the box and only chose the winners. I feel like Tom Cruise. Like mission impossible...

• Chris Duncan Thanks. That makes total sense. I bought 7 amps so my target will be to have max 5 profiles to cover each amp in order to fill up 1 performance.

Something else you may not be aware of is that when you're using performances, they don't "link" to profiles, they actually make a copy of the profile and store it in the performance's memory. So, if you have a Fender on your profiler, then select that to be in slot 1 of a performance, you now actually have the Fender twice. If you tweak the actual Fender profile and save it, it will have no effect on slot 1 of your performance. So, if you're using nothing but performances, you could delete all profiles (i.e. the browse knob would be empty). I don't do that, just pointing it out to illustrate the notion.

Also, before you delete stuff (including factory profiles) from the unit itself, make sure you copy anything you need to the local library using Rig Manager.

I feel like Tom Cruise. Like mission impossible...

I see it as more of a Bilbo Baggins quote, "The road goes ever on..." :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• In my opinion, new reverbs and specially the natural reverb remains unusable without the new ranking tool included in the OS6.

Of course they're perfectly usable as of now (like any other effect in the profiler).

What do you mean by ranking tool?

What we're waiting for is the new preset and fx management system which will come very soon.

• Where does this information about an Acoustic sim come from ?

In this video...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.