Profiler OS6 Operating System

• Not sure if this is already possible or not (which is why I'm asking).....

Is it possible to set up 2 (or more) different expression pedals for morphing?

IE- one pedal is set up to morph from a clean setting to a distorted setting, and the other pedal to morph from dry to different levels of reverb/delay?

If not, that would be a great feature!!

Unfortunately not. I have asked for this feature before on a few occasions but Burkhard says it would be too confusing for users and I am probably the only pers that would want it. It would be amazing if the new editor which will include a visual display of morph settings could be used to remove the “confusing” arguement and allow multiple independent morph pedals. In fact I wouls strongly argue that having 4 morph “layers” would be mich less confusing than the current Wah>Volume and Wah>Pitch situation.

• I’m not sure if you can do a soft blend through an expression pedal, but you should be able to set this up today through some remote manipulation. Maybe one button moves it to half way gain and the next moves it to full. Ie, take your highest gain profile, then dial it down to half way and then set a button on the remote, then another from halfway to clean. Then the buttons would just be in reverse of what you want. You could also get there using a overdrive effect and assign an expression pedal to the mix. Then you could setup an expression pedal for the wet / dry effect mixes from zero to 100%.

Kemper supports up to 4 expression pedals today via the remote.

Although it supports 4 expression pedals you can use them the way you described as they are not Midi CC pedals. If you are using 4 pedals they mudt be Volume, Wah, Pitch and Morph unfortunately.

• Basically, I would like files to behave like files normally do on any other ‘computer’ system. Meaning you can edit and save TO them; you aren’t forced to make a copy every time you want to edit the file; file names are unique; you can use the same file in multiple places; you can edit the single file and those edits are incorporated everywhere that file is used; you can look at it, or wherever it is used and know exactly what it is, etc. That is the way every computer and computer program and file management system I have ever used has functioned - and for the life of me I don’t get the ‘logic’ of deviation from that paradigm.

However, at this point, the preponderance of the evidence from the user base and a Kemper team would suggest that is crazy, and too much to ask, and few people see the value. I am pretty much done with it. YMMV

Yeah sorry, wasn't trying to wind you up about it :)

I think the point here is having a single file that is referenced across multiple uses or at least the choice. I would not like it to just do what you have suggested but I'd like the choice - create a new one or use the "master" version..

• Basically, I would like files to behave like files normally do on any other ‘computer’ system. Meaning you can edit and save TO them; you aren’t forced to make a copy every time you want to edit the file; file names are unique; you can use the same file in multiple places; you can edit the single file and those edits are incorporated everywhere that file is used; you can look at it, or wherever it is used and know exactly what it is, etc. That is the way every computer and computer program and file management system I have ever used has functioned - and for the life of me I don’t get the ‘logic’ of deviation from that paradigm.

However, at this point, the preponderance of the evidence from the user base and a Kemper team would suggest that is crazy, and too much to ask, and few people see the value. I am pretty much done with it. YMMV

I definitely see the value in this. I also don't like the fact that once you load a preset you don't see any reference to the preset.

But I have to say that I'm glad about any improvement in preset handling. So definitely looking forward to OS6.

• Is it too late to ask that it be possible to assign the momentary switches in the Kemper itself to more than one function, like you can with the remote?

Hey man, I didn't understand what you meant. What momentary switches in the Kemper?

The Remote can be set so that the switches are momentary, and I can confirm that other foot controllers can also be programmed so that they are either momentary or latching.

• Is there any chance that in OS 6, the S/PDIF ports could be used as connections for either an FX loop in the Stomp slots or the X block after the stack? This would provide an extra hardware insertion point for a second effects loop.

• Will we be able to do focused browsing of Rig Manager Stack content with the new RM?

At the moment it is possible to select the Stack section on the KPA and browse rigs without changing the Stomps and FX. However, you can't do this with Rigs from RM without overwriting all the Stomps and FX (unless you manually lock these. Focused browsing is a great feature for all parts of the system but it is a pity we can't use focussd browsing and RM at the same time just now. Hopefully the new RM/Editor will overcome this limitation.

• Imo, that's genius and should be elevated above mere thought-level.

It's almost as if part of me wants to incline you to keep expressing that thought everywhere on the forums and on FB. It would be a huge leap, or possibly a feature for a future Kemper 2, but it's a simple yet genius idea that we should ensure is out there for the people that be.

• Imo, that's genius and should be elevated above mere thought-level.

It's almost as if part of me wants to incline you to keep expressing that thought everywhere on the forums and on FB. It would be a huge leap, or possibly a feature for a future Kemper 2, but it's a simple yet genius idea that we should ensure is out there for the people that be.

Im just going to lap up this moment.....never been called a genius before ;)

I'm not sure I was the first one to mention it and it would take a fundamental change to the current algorithm and presumably much more processing power...but given what they've done so far, it doesn't seem like a huge leap..

• Im just going to lap up this moment.....never been called a genius before ;)

I'm not sure I was the first one to mention it and it would take a fundamental change to the current algorithm and presumably much more processing power...but given what they've done so far, it doesn't seem like a huge leap..

It's genius, except that on every amp I've ever played through, the gain control also affects the tone stack and vice versa. It's rare that I adjust the gain on a channel without also having to tweak the EQ.

• It's genius, except that on every amp I've ever played through, the gain control also affects the tone stack and vice versa. It's rare that I adjust the gain on a channel without also having to tweak the EQ.

Thanks Sam for raining on my moment of glory :)

Yes but is that because you have to or because you want to ? If its linear then its not a problem ( as you are re-adjusting back to what you want). If its not and is producing effectively another palette then I guess that's different. I suspect you have more finesse over your sound than my clumsy twiddling :)

I'm going back to being normal now :(

• It would still be a closer approximation. It definitely feels like a 6.0 or 7.0 kind of huge feature update and I'd gladly welcome it. No more having to use several performance slots per amp, each rig is an actual entire rig. I've heard that the Kemper was released with more memory than it was actually using. It's not far-fetched that the unit could do it.

• Thanks Sam for raining on my moment of glory :)

Yes but is that because you have to or because you want to ? If its linear then its not a problem ( as you are re-adjusting back to what you want). If its not and is producing effectively another palette then I guess that's different. I suspect you have more finesse over your sound than my clumsy twiddling :)

I'm going back to being normal now :(

Awww sorry! It’s still a great idea, and until it’s actually possible and tested, I could be talking out of my tone stack! ;)

• Thankfully you're not, Sam.

As we all know, increasing drive boosts harmonic content and therefore alters tone.

Moment of glory totally destroyed :(

I guess what I hoped was possible that this tone change is the sort of thing that would be captured having the multiple profiles, as this is what doesn't happen now and hence changes in gain produce a slightly different version of the original.

In other words, using Alan's example, if you profile a mesa at low gain, turn up the gain on the profile, it remains bright but the real amp gioes a bit darker. If you profiled at multiple stages and settings then you capture this dynamic...

As I said it would require much more processing power etc...

I'll take the downgrade from genius to, say, thoughtful ?

• I'll take the downgrade from genius to, say, thoughtful ?

'Forward thinker'?

I love the fact that most rig packs that focus on a single amp contain lots of clips with differing gain levels - and channel/switching options. Your idea is genius (stay with that a bit longer) but I'm not sure how it would be achieved so it would work faithfully with every possible amp/speaker cab/microphone combination and the numerous variations possible based on recording/profiling techniques.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• So, what are people thinking for the OS6 Beta; May, June, July? Completely pointless to speculate, I know, but the new preset management will be fantastic to have, and the other goodies will be welcome too. I'm really glad they decided on a 3-tier menu, especially with the abundance of delay effect types.

• My point is that at different stages of gain ( as an example) the amp might show other characteristics other than eq changes, plus takes the hassle out of us trying to work out how a particular amp behaves at different settings.

I suggested it because amp packs have various stages of the amp and it would be good if these were just one pack. Also we know that the more you drift from the original profile, the less is sounds like the original for all the reasons mentioned...

Is it possible? If some had suggested profiling 5 years ago I'd have laughed so seems like the hardest bit is done although I don't belittle what this would take. Perhaps this is profiling - next generation...