running stereo pedalboard all in front of the kemper?

• hello folks! I got a stereo cab and I wonder if there is a way to run my whole pedalboard into the Kemper stereo ( bigsky L/R out into kemper-stereo to the cab)

I want my pedalboard to be flexible and using it also mono sometimes.

any ideas how I could achieve this?

cheers!^^

• The Kemper input is mono, as is the amp and cab blocks. The only way to utilize stereo effects is using the stereo loop after the amp block. The powered Kemper has a mono amplifier, so you cannot run a stereo signal out without running the (line level) main outputs into a stereo power amp to drive your stereo cab.

• i forgot to mention I got the unpowered version.

the cab is frfr.

no difference then?

thanks for the answer:)

The Kemper input is mono, as is the amp and cab blocks. The only way to utilize stereo effects is using the stereo loop after the amp block. The powered Kemper has a mono amplifier, so you cannot run a stereo signal out without running the (line level) main outputs into a stereo power amp to drive your stereo cab.

• hello folks! I got a stereo cab and I wonder if there is a way to run my whole pedalboard into the Kemper stereo ( bigsky L/R out into kemper-stereo to the cab)

I want my pedalboard to be flexible and using it also mono sometimes.

any ideas how I could achieve this?

cheers!^^

( any ideas how I could achieve this?) SOund strange to me that you got a Kemper plus a BigSky and need advice to plug them together. Its not rocket science for a pro like you... Effect send and return in the back of the Kemper. I mean guys... we dont even need to read the manual to do that , but to ask the Forum for that ... its ABC

• ( any ideas how I could achieve this?) SOund strange to me that you got a Kemper plus a BigSky and need advice to plug them together. Its not rocket science for a pro like you... Effect send and return in the back of the Kemper. I mean guys... we dont even need to read the manual to do that , but to ask the Forum for that ... its ABC

i never tried stereo and always went mono in front of an amp. I know it works with the stereo effect loop but my question was if there is a way to run the stereo board into the front WITHOUT using the effect loop.

I want to be able to use stereo or mono depending on the situation without having too much trouble unplugging and plugging back in cables on the board.

• i never tried stereo and always went mono in front of an amp. I know it works with the stereo effect loop but my question was if there is a way to run the stereo board into the front WITHOUT using the effect loop.

I want to be able to use stereo or mono depending on the situation without having too much trouble unplugging and plugging back in cables on the board.

Not into the front, no. The first point in the chain that is able to become stereo is the X slot right after the cab block.

• If you want stereo on the input side, you'd have to buy another Kemper ;)

If you would like to try mono or stereo effect in the X slot, check this out (4:15 for the stereo setup):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Works like a charm, I have a Mimiq hooked up like this.

How frequently would you switch from stereo to mono and back? If you can afford to walk up to the Kemper and push a few buttons, you can just reset your output from stereo to mono.

• i just tried it with the FX loop a hour ago.
    it works fine and i think this is the way to go :
    X Slot --> loop stereo on unity level
    comp, drive, mod ----> front input
    el capistan, timeline, bigsky ---> FX send/return/alternative output for stereo

i think i'll get a patchbox and a multicore cable or something for making things a bit easier to plug in.

output settings : monitor out ----> mono to FOH
    main out L/R ---> stereo cabinet (for monitoring on stage)
    so it should mix the stereo signal to a mono signal to send to the FOH

that should work, right?