Green Scream settings to nail TS808, TS10 tones

• How should I dial the Green Scream to get close to the following TS808 settings?

Setting 1) DRIVE: 8:30; TONE: Max; LEVEL: 3:00 o'clock

Setting 2) DRIVE: 2:30; TONE: 11:30; LEVEL: 2:30 o'clock

Please share the Green Scream settings that are working for you over clean or low gain amps. Thx.

• Kemper adjusted the parameters and scaling a few firmwares back to better reflect the real-world pedal (before, their ranges went beyond the physical effect to give us more tonal options, but it only confused us dim guitarists), so theoretically you should dial the Green Scream the same way you would the real pedal. Bear in mind, it’s rare that you’ll find two real Tubescreamers that sound the same, so prepare to tweak a little either side of the settings if you’re comparing to a pedal you have in front of you.

• That's similar to how i set mine up most the time

Setting 1) DRIVE: 8:30; TONE: Max; LEVEL: 3:00 o'clock

I will say though, i used to think they sounded the same and used to defend it from posters who said they didn't, but they don't, it's not a settings thing

green scream just doesn't sound as open , like its squashed a bit at high output and loses its open-ess ...hard to explain but easy to hear. Iwas comparing last night and i coudn't get sounding as good . Sounded squashed ...

a bit disappointed , hope they get revised

• i've played some more with the settings on green scream to sound closer to my TS9 with the old JRC 4550 chip

gotten closer to the point where i don't want to carry my TS9 and just use green scream . but ... always room for improvement a bit

• Kemper adjusted the parameters and scaling a few firmwares back to better reflect the real-world pedal (before, their ranges went beyond the physical effect to give us more tonal options, but it only confused us dim guitarists), so theoretically you should dial the Green Scream the same way you would the real pedal. Bear in mind, it’s rare that you’ll find two real Tubescreamers that sound the same, so prepare to tweak a little either side of the settings if you’re comparing to a pedal you have in front of you.

Is Green Screamer Volume 0 equivalent to TS 5.0 (12:00) or TS zero (7:00)?

I mean KP GS values before 12:00 are negative -db.

Edited 2 times, last by Syntek ().

• i've played some more with the settings on green scream to sound closer to my TS9 with the old JRC 4550 chip

gotten closer to the point where i don't want to carry my TS9 and just use green scream . but ... always room for improvement a bit

Great. So what values have found that are close to your setting 1) DRIVE: 8:30; TONE: Max; LEVEL: 3:00 o'clock

• Well since you put your tone at Max 5:00 , i put mine at 4:00 so on the Kemper i had to go around 9.5 and i played a bit with the output and drive and came to a nice setting that is I can live with , which seems pretty close in sound

I think i had to go a tad lower in output and drive , i have to look in my Kemper

• I'm currently debating adding an outboard TS to my loop. The green scream is great and I use it quite a bit, but I've noticed that there's something just a little mushy as long sustained notes trail off.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• I'm currently debating adding an outboard TS to my loop. The green scream is great and I use it quite a bit, but I've noticed that there's something just a little mushy as long sustained notes trail off.

That’s more likely due to the noise gate in the input section. Try switching it off completely and comparing.

Me too. I finally got closer to my TS808 reissue. The GreenScream is very usable, it is in the TS ballpark as another TS flavor by its own, although it lacks that "open-ness" you described above that we can find in actual pedals. I do not know if that is because a digital vs. analog thing, or if definitively there is room for improvement in this digital implementation.

However, I've tested some profiles with the TS baked in, which are closest to that "open-ness" than the GS.

I would love to see the Green Scream improved and covering the entire TS family flavors.

Meanwhile, TS808 on the bench, GreenScream for some performances and a Duellist pedal (TS10 flavor) in front of the Kemper.

• Basically, build one of these into the KPA. Every possible tubescreamer recipe in a single box. :D

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• My approach is to have a really good example of an 808 (mine is a 15 year old AM silver mod TS9) and then compliment it with OD/Dirt pedals that have uniquely different tonal qualities. I'm using the TS9 along with a Prince of Tone, a KTR (Klon III), and an older Hermida Zendrive. These are all in a loop in slot B with a wah in slot A. I use the Kemper's clean boost in C and then leave D open in case I need it for something.

At the end of the day it's all just a bit more volume with some hair on it, but they all do have a unique tone to them. All great, but different enough to make for a nice variety of dirt. 8)

• I have a great TS808 reissue that sounds fantastic... I do like the Green Screamer but I have to agree it's not as open sounding as the real deal. I tend to just use the little green box and occasionally double up with the on board GS for some tonal difference but really haven't found a setting that's as nice as the real box.

• http://www.ultimatemetal.com/f…mer-faq-version-1.346068/

"I've played sets of pedals where I noticed more difference between two TS9s than between one TS9 and a TS808."

- JBroll

Nice thread Don. My favourite line was:

I've seen enough people arguing over which one is brighter and which one is smoother to become fully convinced that all but maybe five guitarists on the planet are entirely and irreversibly full of shit.“ :D:D:D