Too many Profiles/Rigs?

• Like many of you, I keep adding to my collection of Rigs & Cabs - lately my KPA has become rather sluggish on startup, and it goes to a generic screen for awhile before it's finished starting. It is also sluggish when importing new Rigs from the USB stick - does this mean it is time to 'nix' some Rigs, or what?

All modelers known to man 8o

• I would do it even only for the sake of mental health. I'm down to 250 now and is still a lot. Live I make every possible gig with 3 banks of 8 rigs (with 2 different bands, soon 3)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I've had my kemper about five days I imagine it will take me weeks to narrow down a favorites list.
    I do wish there was a better way to manage them.
    What a great problem to have :)

• I have over 1.150 rigs in my kpa now. It can take that, obvisiously, but it's not comfortable anymore for me.

Harder to get rid of rigs then to find new ones, somehow. Plenty of rigs that I like and I can't tell wich are the best ones. Even the bad ones can sound awesome with the right cab or the right tweak.

Is it allowed to whine about having too much? ?(

• lately my KPA has become rather sluggish on startup, and it goes to a generic screen for awhile before it's finished starting.

Yes, same here... I'm running about 900 rigs. I need like 2 weeks time (which I don't have right now) to clean out everything and sort the good from the bad (so to speak).

I'm just wanting to make sure there's nothing wrong with my KPA... Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

Yes, I can confirm this (see above). It's normal - nothing wrong with your KPA. Time to clean the KPA and get rid of the stuff you don't need/play.

• Yes, same here... I'm running about 900 rigs. I need like 2 weeks time (which I don't have right now) to clean out everything and sort the good from the bad (so to speak).

Yes, I can confirm this (see above). It's normal - nothing wrong with your KPA. Time to clean the KPA and get rid of the stuff you don't need/play.

Thanks - No need for the 'hold System & Reset' procedure?

• With respect.

We only have ourselves to blame if we have over 1000 Profiles on our Kempers.

Make a backup, then be brave, press the delete button for profiles that you're not using right now, or don't really need right now...you'll have them all anyway in your backup file.

• With respect.

We only have ourselves to blame if we have over 1000 Profiles on our Kempers.

Make a backup, then be brave, press the delete button for profiles that you're not using right now, or don't really need right now...you'll have them all anyway in your backup file.

LOL! 8o Is 1000 the limit? Are these the symptoms of exceeding that limit? Oh well, you can't say I'm not going for it! 8o

Actually I am quite ready to hit the delete button, and the deleted Rigs will be the ones that are so shrill & high-endy that my ears bleed... :thumbup:

• 1000 isn't the limit, some guys have around 1400 or more in their Kempers.

Let's put it this way, if the Kempers maximum storage capacity was let's say 300, or 500 rigs, this place would be flooded with guitarist tears complaining about how 500 is not enough storage for their 'needs'. :D

Let's not turn a positive into a negative. ;)

• i made it a habit to clean up before i start working with rigs/samples/photos etc. - i rather would use a strong selection (and find what i need fast) than having to many options. if you clean up right after importing a bunch of rigs you can easily focus on what has been just added.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• In my opinion the ideal solution would be to clean up as you load them, what I mean is KPA would have the ability to load one profile/rig at a time from the USB stick, and not have to reboot for each one, and then we could load one at at time and decide which ones to keep.

• does anyone know if there's any page on the kemper that tells you exactly how many rigs you have?

Was always generically indicated as "more than a 1000". Probably they do not want to give a precise number because the available storage could be reduced by future/bigger updates (new FX, pedals....)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff