Fletcher Munson Volume

• I think it would be cool to have a volume that was based on the fletcher munson curve. Maybe assignable in settings so that there is less of a shift between tweaking tones at home and live.

• I have a Torpedo Reload attenuator which I got prior to my Kemper. They have a manual control called contour for this purpose. It’s basically just a couple of EQ tweaks so the KPA output section should be able to do the same already. However, its a really neat idea to have the KPA automatically adjust as the volume is reduced or increased.

• I think that about as good as you can get. As Michael pointed out the equal loudness curve is and absolute level thing so the Kemper would need to be able to figure out the actual volume in dB to be able to compensate correctly.

At the moment a viable solution would seem to be to just save an output EQ preset and switch to that when playing at low levels. That may make profiles sound nicer at low volume. However, that doesn’t address the specific feature the OP would like to see which would allow you to tweak Rigs at low volume and know how they will sound when turned up . I can’t see how this can be done but if it is possible I reckon the team at Kemper are the very folks to figure it out:)

• It might be overly complex but maybe you could set your gig volume and then go down to levels at home and adjust or blend in how much fm curve gets a similar sound. Once that is set then you could see similar results going back and forth.

It's never going to be perfect but I am sure there could be a way to make the change a little less drastic.

• F-M's curves are anyway an average sampling over a big population. I agree that a Loudness function doesn't have to be any "accurate" in order to be "effective", since the curves depend on the individual other that on the signal level.
    My Yamaha hi-fi amp has got a Loudness control that depends on the output volume, and while this kind of control is nothing but "high-fidelity" I've found it to be pleasant to use in many occasions.

Coming to the KP, the real question would be: why should it have such a control, if we have used any sort of gear for decades that had not got any? The perception of a tone function of its level affects any kind of sound, regardless the way (or the means) it gets produced, and a tube amp doesn't behave any differently.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• F-M's curves are anyway an average sampling over a big population. I agree that a Loudness function doesn't have to be any "accurate" in order to be "effective", since the curves depend on the individual other that on the signal level.
    My Yamaha hi-fi amp has got a Loudness control that depends on the output volume, and while this kind of control is nothing but "high-fidelity" I've found it to be pleasant to use in many occasions.

Coming to the KP, the real question would be: why should it have such a control, if we have used any sort of gear for decades that had not got any? The perception of a tone function of its level affects any kind of sound, regardless the way (or the means) it gets produced, and a tube amp doesn't behave any differently.

Valid point. Just that the possibilities reaches farther than traditional amps so it would be nice to use it :)
    I still tweak my performances at gig-level, and it's mostly as easy as dialling back prescence and bring in some more mids, just like on a tube amp. But it would be a timesaver if the device helped out in the process when you have 20 songs to play, and 6 of them are new :)

• Valid point. Just that the possibilities reaches farther than traditional amps so it would be nice to use it :)
    I still tweak my performances at gig-level, and it's mostly as easy as dialling back prescence and bring in some more mids, just like on a tube amp. But it would be a timesaver if the device helped out in the process when you have 20 songs to play, and 6 of them are new :)

I hear you PG, but all the sounds of the universe will be perceived by mammals according to the same laws! :)
    If you make your sounds at room level with a tube amp, when you go louder you'll have the same phenomena happening. That's why we always say that sound must be made at volume and in context and, if possible, in the venue.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• I hear you PG, but all the sounds of the universe will be perceived by mammals according to the same laws! :)
    If you make your sounds at room level with a tube amp, when you go louder you'll have the same phenomena happening. That's why we always say that sound must be made at volume and in context and, if possible, in the venue.

A mammal perception menu sounds great :)