Looper Quantization

• Hi Kemper Team,

while you´re on it fixing the latest OS , the RM Editor, Kemper Kabs and some new FX like Acoustic simulator and Auto Swell, could you also make the looper loop in sync to the rig tempo? That way I could really start using use the looper in our livesets...

I´m curious: is it hard to program looper quantization into the kemper? Since I´m am no IT guy I´ve got absolutely no feeling what feature request are easy and which are hard to implement. Reverb seemd to be a hard task, because there is a lot of calculation going on, right? My simpleminded brain tells me, that looper sync should be much easier than new fx...

• I was just thinking a out this the other day. Imagine how useful it would be if you could control loop speed with the Tap Tempo button. That way you could record a 2 or 4 bar loop and when (not if) the drummer drifts out of time we could just fix it with tap tempo :P

This would require logic to keep the same pitch at a different playback speed, so not trivial I suspect ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I know plenty of drummer who "play to a click track" and sync to tempo would do no good at all :D

I'm sure we've all played with some of those guys and remain baffled to this day how they manage to call themselves drummers.

I remember the 80s, when drum machines were first a "thing." It wasn't the Linn drum machine that made the big splash, it was actually Radio Shack, as they came up with a rhythm box that perfectly emulated a live drummer.

It sped up for the first 16 bars, randomized the tempo for another 16, then passed out and fell off of the stand.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• while you´re on it fixing the latest OS , the RM Editor, Kemper Kabs and some new FX like Acoustic simulator and Auto Swell, could you also make the looper loop in sync to the rig tempo? That way I could really start using use the looper in our livesets...

I support your wish.

At the moment the KPA-Looper is not really useful for live.

For me it is a gimmick for rehearsal, riff training or profile tweak.

An interesting application can be realized with the ToastMe from Damian.

I found the following video on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/toast…/videos/2292161641053916/

• quantizing the looper honestly shouldn’t be too difficult. if you have taps you have a time. if you divide the timy by 64 or so and quantize the start stomp and the stop stomp to th 64th time signature you’re done. if you are working with midi, the kemper probably should bypass the tap tempo if a midi clock in is received.

i would love a quantizer on the looper, wether it is 64th or 128th as i never get it quite tight… bit of a spaz i guess 😂