New user

• I am still waiting on delivery of my first ever Kemper (late due to the snow) it’s the unpowered version.

I am first going to try it through my Katana Artist but if that’s not suitable would anyone be able to give me advice on the best choice to play the Kemper through in the bedroom.

I do have a pair of M Audio BX5 D2’s in the attic which I will try first or my THR10

My budget would be £300

• The best thing to play through will depend a lot on your application. If you're rehearsing / gigging, many people seem to gravitate towards active FRFR cabs given that yours is unpowered. I'm not sure what's available in your price range as far as that goes. I went with a Yamaha DXR-10, which is around $600 USD / 450 pounds.

If your immediate need is not playing in a band situation and / or you're going to be focusing on recording, the Kemper sounds great through studio reference monitors, so you'd probably enjoy it through your BX5 D2s. In that situation you'd probably want to run the Kemper to your audio interface and that to your speakers.

You can run it through your Katana or THR10, though I would expect them to color the sound. That's not necessarily bad if you like what you hear. I'd suggest running through the studio monitors to get a good idea of what the profiles are trying to do, and then you can evaluate how your amps color that sound and decide if you like it or want to pursue other powered speaker options.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Thankyou for your help it’s appreciated.

I was hoping to make use of the Katana Artist thinking the 12” custom Waza speaker would add to the tone but I understand what your saying that it might colour the sound.

Do you mind me asking would I only need to connect the Kemper to the BX 5’s through my Focusrite interface if I wanted to record, if needed could I just connect the speakers straight into the Kemper.

Might seem a stupid question to some but this is a bit new to me at the minute.