Jean-Michel Jarre has a KPA

• Jean-Michel Jarre has been a hero of mine since I first heard him in the 70's.

Just watched a video where he talks about music and there's a Toaster sitting on top of one of his many synths ...and it's even switched on.

Here's the full video for anyone who might be interested.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• He's amazing! The Oxygene album was in high rotation in my walkman as a kid.

Dang, this is giving me flash backs, as soon as I read your post that song popped into my head and it's been like 40 years since I last heard it. That guy was certainly ahead of his time.

• Dang, this is giving me flash backs, as soon as I read your post that song popped into my head and it's been like 40 years since I last heard it. That guy was certainly ahead of his time.

100% agree :thumbup: I'm amazed so few folks are familiar with him.

• Hard to believe there are musicians that have never heard of him. He played some of the biggest shows ever. I believe it was 1.3 million people at one US gig.

Update. An incredible 3.5 million in Moscow!

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Never heard of the guy. But another Kemper user is always good stuff

not sure if you are being serious or not. :/

does this sound familiar? ;)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• there's a Toaster sitting on top of one of his many synths ...and it's even switched on.

I guess it's time for Kemper team to add a synth mode to the KPA .

I had some issues with a synthi AKS clone while trying to use it with my KPA . The KPA needs to work on full range , and not only on guitars & basses range. A Synthi can go to 1 Hz to 50 000 Khz I think :o

Maybe I'm wrong , but I think there is a specific guitar & bass range in the internal KPA engine ? Amps sure do , but maybe not preamps or consoles ?

• I guess it's time for Kemper team to add a synth mode to the KPA .

I had some issues with a synthi AKS clone while trying to use it with my KPA . The KPA needs to work on full range , and not only on guitars & basses range. A Synthi can go to 1 Hz to 50 000 Khz I think :o

Maybe I'm wrong , but I think there is a specific guitar & bass range in the internal KPA engine ? Amps sure do , but maybe not preamps or consoles ?

did you disable CABINET or STACK?

Disable STACK to use it as a transparent effects box.

I use the PROFILER with my synths all the time - absolutely no complaints.

• No, never have heard this.

I’m guessing your not gen x then ?

Sure, 1st thing I did, even the stack ... The synthi is really a beast in freq range , but if you do a quick cutoff in the lows it sounds very flat , I'll try to make some clips , but not ATM.

really?, love to process synths through the KPA, maybe my ageing ears don’t notice ?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• He’s a pioneer, huge name in electronic music. Up there with Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Jean Jacques Perrey, Mike Oldfield etc. Definitely check his stuff out if you don’t know it.

I never really thought about using the Kemper for synths, it’d be a little more work as I’m all ITB on the synth side but should be possible,