Pedal train etc

• OK, so I was bored, and wanted some more gear.

I have ordered the Strymon Big Sky, Timeline, and Mobius and Eventide Pitch factor. I just like class gear :)

I could Google forever, but does anyone else have anything like this, and can suggest how to connect the three pedals, and in what order. I also use an Atomic Amplifire 3 sometimes, so I 'd be connecting this lot to the send & return jack inputs.

Also, does anyone have any knowledge of building a pedal board with a pedal train, or whatever they are?

What would I need to mount this lot on?

NO, I'M NOT SELLING MY KEMPER, I just enjoy good equipment, and it's my life, so there's the story.

Edited once, last by LiamUK ().

• Most new pedal train kits come with double stick velcro for the board rails and for the backs of your pedals. Pretty simple to put together. As far as the EFX pedals, usually you would run time based effects in the EFX loop of the Kemper (or an amp). Not the hard rule, they just seem to "play well" in most EFX loops.

Actually if you emulate the way Kemper has its EFX laid out, you should get good results. Drive pedals before amp profiles. Time based EFX after amp. EQ can be pre or post profiles depending on if you want to drive the profile (pre) or do a final EQ shape of the sound (post). If you add drive pedals to your board, run them in front of the Kemper- now, as to the order of your drive pedals, it depends on what you are trying to achieve. But that could probably be a thread of its own and widely debated by guitarists far and wide 8o

• Hi,

Yes, I'll check the comparisons out. I have no issue with my Kemper's effects, I just like getting gear and messing about with it. I sold my Axe FX ii, and had no qualms doing that, but the Kemper will always be with me.

Some gigs I use my Kemper, and others I use an Amplifire. As I say, I just like gear. :)

Let us know if you think the Strymon delay and verb is really any better than the Kemper's.

Edited once, last by LiamUK ().

• I would recommend that you look into Voodoo Labs power supplies as well. It will save you a lot of ground loop and noise chasing grief down the line.

Used them on my Pedaltrain board before the Kemper.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I would recommend that you look into Voodoo Labs power supplies as well. It will save you a lot of ground loop and noise chasing grief down the line.

Used them on my Pedaltrain board before the Kemper.

Is there any issue with the different brand of pedals, with regard to the varying Milliamps?

I know they're all 9 volts, but from brand to brand, the milliamps of the original mains transformers differs.

I'm not an electrical type, so I don't know.

• you have to check how many milliamps are needed from every unit you want to power

count them together then you know the milliamps which your new supply should be able

to produce

• Is there any issue with the different brand of pedals, with regard to the varying Milliamps?

I know they're all 9 volts, but from brand to brand, the milliamps of the original mains transformers differs.

I'm not an electrical type, so I don't know.

Yes, but the various Voodoo offerings typically have higher and lower sections so you can put the pedal that draws a lot on a higher one, and a lighter load on one of the smaller ones. I believe I got the 4x4, which had a couple of different sections. As digbob mentioned, all yo uhave to do is look at the pedal specs to see what it draws, it's not at all complicated.

• Strymon has the Ojai for a dedicated PS. The nice thing about Voodoo Labs gear is their support. My PP2 transformer went kaput and I called em' up, sent it to them and they hooked me up with a repair free of charge even after the 5 year warranty! :thumbup:

You'll need the mounting brackets for Pedaltrain boards and will have to drill the holes yourself.

• you have to check how many milliamps are needed from every unit you want to power

count them together then you know the milliamps which your new supply should be able

to produce

If you don't mind, I'll run the details passed you, when I have received all the pedals. Possibly you could advise me on my best course for a supply. Thanks in anticipation of your advice, digbob.

• You'll need the mounting brackets for Pedaltrain boards and will have to drill the holes yourself.

Yeah. I guess that's how the pros do it. I just used their double sided Velco.

Now I'll just slink out the back door while no one's looking... :)