Anyone struggling with 4 stereo slots?

• With the new Reverbs out, and the Delays still being awesome, what's everyone assigning their 4 stereo slots to?

I feel super limited by the 4 slots. Mostly because I'm in a jam band where I don't have predetermined tones. I need effects available to mix in on the fly. Trem last, leaving me with 3 slots for delays/verbs. I really want at least 3 of each (reverb and delay) instantly accessible.

Performance rigs don't suffice as I use those five slots for different base tones. Morphing doesn't cut it either as I want to do more than just tweak parameters on whichever delay and reverb that rig has selected.

Bottom line for me is I'm looking at forgoing all of the killer reverb and delays, instead falling back to using the stereo loop with reverb and delay pedals. Which seems like such a waste given how great the Kemper's delays and reverbs are. If it had seven or eight stereo slots I would certainly go that route instead.

I do have a simple 4 button MIDI controller but as far as I know you can't change which delay or reverb preset is in a slot via MIDI?

• if you want to use each Performance slot in a bank for a different amp tone, you can take a similar approach.

Program the five amp sounds in the middle bank of five banks. You can program two banks above with the same five amp sounds with different FX, and two banks below, and access five different sets of amps and FX with a maximum of three clicks from your middle bank of sounds.

• I've found the process of keeping the remote buttons and morph settings under control to be too much of an overhead, so I just use a different performance slot for each variation that I need. Love the freedom of just having to select from 5 slots.

The exception is the Slow/Fast rotary switch, which I assign to the Tap button.

• To the original question, the main limit for me in the Effects section is that I have the X slot locked with a high- cut filter EQ to remove the mic fizz. Not having to do that would be great, as this leaves me with Reverb, Delay, and usually Rotary.

• Yes - definitely. It does have the same effect of knocking those frequencies off, but it also seems to change the character of the sound in a way that I don't prefer to the high-cut. Plus I also use a bit of low cut in some situations to control boominess and sit in the mix better. They're both great options.

• if you want to use each Performance slot in a bank for a different amp tone, you can take a similar approach.

Program the five amp sounds in the middle bank of five banks. You can program two banks above with the same five amp sounds with different FX, and two banks below, and access five different sets of amps and FX with a maximum of three clicks from your middle bank of sounds.

Makes sense!

• Sorry to resurrect this thread. But wanted to bring it back around to the earlier question. Perhaps more of a feature request.

That is -- MIDI control that switches effect presets (e.g. Reverb, Delay, Tremolo, etc.).

For example, I'd love to have a 6-switch MIDI controller programmed so that each switch changes to a different Reverb preset with one press. That effectively expands the 4 stereo slots exponentially. It would also allow us to utilize only one stereo slot for Delay, one for Reverb, one for Tremolo.

All of this becomes more useful as more top-shelf reverbs are released. I don't know how to make that happen, but Kemper is great at creative solutions I could never have imagined.

• This would be a great new feature request thread.