Toast ME(Midi Editor) : third party Kemper Profiling Amp editor

• Hi Damian - do you think you will be able to adapt your editor to the new OS conditions or do you think it will be impossible.

Most of the features are working.

From what I noticed only the system of downloading the list of presets and uploading presets by MIDI does not work. I do not think I can do anything about it. Probably KPA now (KAOS 7.0) uses a database instead of files with presets. Editor itself should work without any problems(besides the preset system).

• Hi Damian -

I noticed the same thing once I had RM2.3 and the new beta OS installed. I guess this is the beginning of the end of your wonderful editor, which I use all the time. Thanks again for all of the effort - you've set a high bar for Kemper.

Fred

Edited 2 times, last by flwehr ().

• you can select presets of any type located on KPA(your screen) and placed in local disk (disk presets). None of them is working with 7.0 fw. Lists are not downloading (presets from kpa) and you can not upload presets from local disk. I understand that there was some changes. But leaving option for uploading the presets would not harm anyone... Anyway I hope the new editor will support cab presets managment.

• Exactly. What i mean is all moddules presets are not working with 7.0. (Cab, fx, amp, user scales.... and so on)

That's pity, but not your fault if mothership changed something. I am studying ToastMe deeper and deeper - when official editor comes out, there will be lot to request for ;)

• Damien, do you think CK might be kind enough to publish the specs of USB comms protocol used for their editor when it comes and the new database format for FX. Does this stuff have to proprietary?

• Damien, do you think CK might be kind enough to publish the specs of USB comms protocol used for their editor when it comes and the new database format for FX. Does this stuff have to proprietary?

I really don't know. There is nothing magical or proprieaty in usb connection. This is just regular MIDI over USB. The problem is that KPA need to know which app is sending the request or some command so no other app will interfere with RM for example. Thats why I asked for USB MIDI driver for windows and osx. Such driver can use the same kpa RM driver api which i belive allows several apps or drivers to coexist without conflicts.

• I finally got an interface with MIDI so I decided to try and download ToastMe. Definitely a neat tool, thanks Damian!

I noticed several little things not working, which I assume is because I updated to 7.0.1. I’m going to revert to 6.0 for now, though. Seems....safer hahaha.

• With 7.0 we gain preset management in the KPA and loose preset management in Toast Me. For me until official editor is available it's not worth it the update to 7.0

My problem now to downgrade is that I need also to revert Rig Manager to previous version and I don't really know how to do it.

Help?

• With 7.0 we gain preset management in the KPA and loose preset management in Toast Me. For me until official editor is available it's not worth it the update to 7.0

My problem now to downgrade is that I need also to revert Rig Manager to previous version and I don't really know how to do it.

Help?

Just uninstall RM 2.3.1 and install previous version.

Help?

Agreed. I just did that.

You can download 2.1.76 or whatever in he downloads section still. Make a backup first! It’ll save it in a folder and when you delete RM 2.3.1 and install 2.1.76 it’ll still have all your stuff automatically.

• Interesting.

I have ToastMe 1.46 and KAOS 6.0.0

Most things work. I have a lot of troubles editing the REV slot. I can turn it on and off but not choose different effects or change parameters. Reverb decay actually changed my Gain at one point. My A slot doesn’t work at first but if I change it to something else and then back to A, it does.

One note: I only have one MIDI cable at the moment so I know I’m only getting one-way communication but other slots work as normal.

• If you are uninstalling RM and reinstalling another version it is definitely a good idea to backup rig manager content (in the RM tools menu). I try to keep an up to date copy of the backup on a couple of machines in case I get a computer failure.