• Welcome!
    I checked the OX as well (for a few days) but returned it.
    I'll get much better results by profiling my amps - (with real cab & mics) - and then using these Profiles for recording.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hi Jason. Welcome. If you decide to keep the KPA, trying profiling your Princeton using the OX's virtual cabs. Setup can be a little complex/abstract, and I'm happy to help walk you through it if you like, but I'm really liking the results over a microphone. I've done my last three Fenders this way.

• Jason, comparing a random profile to your amp through the OX is really an apples to oranges comparison.

You need to profile your amp, then compare the profile of your amp to the OX, because a random profile, even one by Michael Britt, may or may not capture the amp at settings you like, and the cab, mic position, etc. can have a huge impact on the outcome of the tone, as well. So, again, profile your amp and compare that to the OX.

• I think Chris Duncan's comments need to be reiterated. I'm a new user myself and this is the most important thing I've learned so far.

Each profile you see on your Kemper is of a snapshot of one amp, with the knobs at one position. Although the Profiler does allow tweaking with good fidelity, there is a limit. If you load up a profile of a clean Princeton then start really pushing the gain, it's not going to sound as accurate as a profile of that same amp if it had been profiled with the volume maxed in the first place. Similarly, a high-gain profile will clean up but it's not going to be as accurate as a low-gain profile.

So, to be happy, find a profile that most closely matches what you're trying to achieve with the least tweaking. There are a zillion of them, and Michael Britt's packages are a good place to start.

Also, when comparing the Ox with the Kemper, be careful to listen at the same volume. Everything sounds better louder. :D There's also the conundrum of what the target audience is. The Kemper is giving you a profile of a mic'd cabinet, and for running live to a PA system that's exactly what you want. For live listening in your studio, maybe not.

Good luck with the hunt for Tone!

--Tom

Too many guitars, not enough strings!

• Hi Jason. Welcome. If you decide to keep the KPA, trying profiling your Princeton using the OX's virtual cabs. Setup can be a little complex/abstract, and I'm happy to help walk you through it if you like, but I'm really liking the results over a microphone. I've done my last three Fenders this way.

I have both and would like to know how to profile my amps with the ox's cab simulations.... And my two notes torpedo cab emulations as well.

Can you explain the setup and process for this?

• I have both and would like to know how to profile my amps with the ox's cab simulations.... And my two notes torpedo cab emulations as well.

I’ve made profiles with my Two Notes Studio and it is about as simple as it gets. Guitar into Kemper Input > Kemper Direct Out into Amp Input > Amp speaker out into Two Notes Load Box Input >Two Notes Out into Kemper Return. Same method with my Fryette Power Load. If the Ox is a load box then it would also be the same. You just need to add a load box between the Amp and Two Notes Torpedo for that to work as well.

• I’ve made profiles with my Two Notes Studio and it is about as simple as it gets. Guitar into Kemper Input > Kemper Direct Out into Amp Input > Amp speaker out into Two Notes Load Box Input >Two Notes Out into Kemper Return. Same method with my Fryette Power Load. If the Ox is a load box then it would also be the same. You just need to add a load box between the Amp and Two Notes Torpedo for that to work as well.

Thanks dudemanbrother

• I have both and love both, but I actually use the Ox to make Kemper profiles of my amps. The Ox has an incredible room control on it and wonderful selection of mics and cabs and I just use all of that to make my profiles and it sounds incredible. The profiling process is quiet and I can make many profiles back to back with relative ease and no need to physically change mics/pres/cabs/etc.

• are the room sounds which are made by the OX be put into the Profile ?

means with OX made Profiles you have a realistic amp in the room sound ?

Time effects can't be profiled (reverb). Other characteristics like frequency response etc. will likely come through.

• but what is the advantage of using the ox for profiling

beside the quietness during the process ??

I'm only guessing because I don't own an Ox, but I suppose it's the ability to change speakers, and mics, along with moving the mics around the cab etc, all with a mouse.

• but what is the advantage of using the ox for profiling

beside the quietness during the process ??

I'm only guessing because I don't own an Ox, but I suppose it's the ability to change speakers, and mics, along with moving the mics around the cab etc, all with a mouse.

^ ^ ^ what this guy said. It's like being able to take your favorite amps to the best room of the best studio with the best mics/pres and being able to profile as much as you want. Unless you have an incredible room and all those mics/cabs/pres, the Ox is a fantastic tool for profiling.

Certainly beats the pants off most people shoving a 57 on the cone of their amp in their two bedroom apartment and profiling.

• I have both and would like to know how to profile my amps with the ox's cab simulations.... And my two notes torpedo cab emulations as well.

Hi Rick. It's super easy for the OX. All you'll need is an XLRM-TRS "Y" splitter cable. I combined one of these cables with one of these adapters, though I'm sure you can find a prewired cable on Amazon.

Run out of the two TRS "Line/Mon Out" outputs on your OX into the XLR "Return Input" on your Profiler (assuming you have the toaster or rack), then stage the gain using the "Line Out" control on your OX and the input volume soft control on the Profile mode of your Kemper. I usually start around 5 on the OX and around -25dB on the Profiler. Hope this helps.