Live Kemper performance help

• Is there any kind of tutorial, video or review on the best way to set up the Kemper for live FOH use? I'm preparing my performances and rigs for my gigs. I have my Friedman asm10 to use as my on stage cab. I just would like to know how to set the main outside and how best to connect the asm10. Main outside would be stereo xlr outs left and right? Help would be appreciated.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• The best bet is to speak to the FOH engineer when setting up. Some engineers want the guitar in mono while others are happy with stereo. A lot depends on the venue, band lineup and genre. When I play with a 10 piece band the engineer usually just wants a mono feed but in a trio or 4 piece a stereo feed might give the engineer more to work with to create a bigger sound.

Set the Main Outs to Master Mono or Master Stereo as required.

I usually leave my Master Volume set to max and unlink it from the volume knob. That way I can change the monitor level on stage any time I want without affecting the levels to FOH. I usually have the -18db box ticked to avoid sending too hot a signal to FOH but again it depends what the engineer wants to receive. If you don't send enough signal they will need to boost it with the mic pre gain but if you send to much they will pad it down with a DI box or a pad on the desk.

The Kemper doesn't need a DI box but some engineers want to use them anyway. Ask them what they want and trust them to give you a good sound. Most engineers will appreciate you engaging and trying to make their life easier.

Rather than worrying about how to set things in advance, spend some time getting familiar with the Output menu so that you are comfortable making changes at soundcheck without any panic. If you find that you are using the same settings frequently save them as an Output Preset.

• Definitely reduce the output to around -18db else you will fry the desk.

also make sure you unlink volumes so the volume to FOH is consistent regardless of any changes you make via master volume on stage.