Input light going red regularly

• does rig volume vs master volume have an effect?

No, they have no effect on the input/Clean Sens. Rig and master volume are affecting the output.

It turned out that the output of my wireless-receiver was set to -5. No wonder that I had no red light even with Clean Sens at +12. Now I've set the wireless to zero but still it's not easy to get a strong red input light with my active EMG's. Same with the passive PU's in my Ibanez Jem. I'll investigate how it turns out with a cable instead of the wireless and see if it makes a difference.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I like using gain profiles around 5-6, Marshall and SLO. Lately I went back to using my pedal board instead of the Remote and using the head more like a real amp at my gigs. I've been having feedback issues from the wedge with my PAF pups whenever I try to run any sort of boost. I just researched this and found that turning the clean sense all the way down while running a pedal like a klone or TS with the output dimed sounds and behaves much more like the real deal without being overcompressed and clipping. Also running brown sound style slapback delay in the input isn't as sensitive and it's less compressed. Gonna try it out like this at my next gig. Would be great to get a boost without feedback and without cranking the noise gate because I like to use my volume knobs for different tones.