Profiling at low volume for clean only sound?

• Let me first say that I am fairly new to the Profiling. I've done a few profiles with great results. In fact, I think a couple of profiles sound better than the amp (63 Bandmaster w/ JBL D130F). One thing I couldn't figure out is how to profile at low volumes only. I suspect it has something to do with the microphone sensitivity level. The reason I want to know is that I'm most interested in getting clean sounds and I'm afraid I might blow speakers with low power handling. I have an original JBL D130 which handles about 20 watts. It sounds great with the original cone. Any guidance is most appreciated! TC

• I suppose it depends just how low you want to go but the Lemper automatically adjusts the input level so unless you are at the extremes you should be OK. If the KPa can’t get a high enough signal then you will need to put a Mic pre amp between the mic and the KPA input. However, if you are profiling this low you will probably end up introducing quite a bit of additional noise.

• Thanks Alan!

So Far, I've not been able to figure out how to keep the Kemper produced test signal at a lower that "extremely loud" when running a profile. I'm looking to have the loudest test signal go to a level that you would experience on stage with a clean tone. Any help would be appreciated!

• Paul, Thank you for the confirmation. That's exactly what I have been doing. I set the channel volume on the amp at 2 to 3 (where the guitar sounds clean and doesn't distort). It's been working great that way but as I mentioned, the signal from the Kemper is VERY LOUD - even with the amp channel volume at 2 - and I'm afraid that I will blow one of the more delicate low-power handling speakers (like the JBL D130). The JBL D130F had no problem and the output with the Bandmaster head was VERY LOUD. I'll be back off the road in a week and I'll dig in more. BTW I love the clean sound that I have been able to get from a few of the profiles I have found. Thanks for all of your help! It's a great forum.