MIDI Program Map?

• Hello! I am wondering, and I have looked in the manual, whether there is a MIDI command map anywhere, or detailed instructions on the MIDI process anywhere? I know some other units like the HX Effects for instance have those and wondered if the Kemper system has one?

I'm just beginning the programming process. I am going to set up performances in the Kemper, and then choose them using a Selah Quartz pedal, which will also be "instructing" my HX Effects and my Digitech Whammy DT.

• Hello! I am wondering, and I have looked in the manual, whether there is a MIDI command map anywhere, or detailed instructions on the MIDI process anywhere? I know some other units like the HX Effects for instance have those and wondered if the Kemper system has one?

I'm just beginning the programming process. I am going to set up performances in the Kemper, and then choose them using a Selah Quartz pedal, which will also be "instructing" my HX Effects and my Digitech Whammy DT.

Look in the main manual on page 208, with the topic heading of Rig Change in Performance Mode.

There are several different methods available, including direct PC in browse mode, auto PC for the first 128 slots in performances and CC47 + 50-54 for selecting the performance and then the relative profile.

Hope this helps.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Yes Chris! Thank you!! Now, I need to get it figured out! HAHA. ||

Heeey, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to use! :)

Actually, it's pretty straightforward, though I did run into one thing that I don't think was documented, which you'll want to know. In my case, I was firing CCs via a midi track in Cubase, so your end will be a bit different of course.

After trying them all, I ended up going with the CC47/50-54 approach. The benefit is that once you get to the performance, all your slots are relative, so if you move the performance to a different location you don't have to change anything but the CC 47 value.

First, make sure in system that Performance Load in System is set to Pending.

To change performance, send CC47 with (Performance number - 1) in the LSB.

Once the performance has been loaded, sending one of CC50 - C54 will load the appropriate slot 1 - 5 for that performance.

Important note: When sending CC50-54, be sure to include an LSB data value of 1 or it will just sit there flashing, waiting for you to push the Load button. This was the only thing I struggled with as I don't think it's mentioned in the doc.

If you can get your gear to send these CCs, it works like a charm, and switching is very fast (the audio will actually switch much faster than the UI).

Also, here's an excellent thread on midi:

Kemper midi automation thread

Have fun. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Thank you so much!!! I'm waiting for a few more things to get here before I start the programming process. I'll let you know how it goes, and also perhaps make a video when it is all done explaining what I did.

This is going to be a DREAM rig.