How to control many external pedal loops using the Kemper SOLVED

• Hi,

I mainly use the KPA with the Remote. That's it no more complications.

However, I have some pedals that can't be replaced by the KPA (yet) and I would like to use them with many KP profiles just pressing a pedal button, no tap dancing.

I would like your advice about the options available:

1. Using a MIDI programmable pedalboard loop switcher in front of the KPA may work, right?

I mean the Pedal Loop Switcher would control the external pedal combinations and the Switcher MIDI interface controls the changes in the KPA Profiles at the same time. Any switcher that you would recommend for this setup?

2. What about the KP remote to control everything. Is that possible?

The KPA FX loop helps setting the whole pedalboard chain in a single LOOP stomp, so I can control it using a KP Remote stomp slot in any position. This has some advantages since I could add KPA FX in front of the pedalboard loop stomp. I understand that for the KPA the whole external pedal chain will be managed as a single stomp box. So, I guess, I will have to tap dance between Remote, to select the KP Rig, and the external pedal switcher to select the pedals loop selection, isn't?

Any additional piece of gear that could help the KP Remote to control everything or to assign different external pedal loops to different KP loop stomps? Am I missing something?

• 2) if you get a MIDI programmable loop box, you can use Performance Mode to send a MIDI Program change to the loop box each time you select a Performance Slot with the Remote. If the Performance Slot is programmed with the FX loop “on”, you would hear the pedals as soon as you select the Slot. If it is programmed with the FX loop turned off, you can turn it on with a Stomp switch.

• 2) if you get a MIDI programmable loop box, you can use Performance Mode to send a MIDI Program change to the loop box each time you select a Performance Slot with the Remote. If the Performance Slot is programmed with the FX loop “on”, you would hear the pedals as soon as you select the Slot. If it is programmed with the FX loop turned off, you can turn it on with a Stomp switch.

Interesting, I think this is what I need.

Let me check if I did get it right, since I don't want to hear all the pedals from the loop box at the same time, just the ones I need at a particular time.

In this scenario, the MIDI programable loop box has pedal X, and pedal Y attached. (both pedals turned on). It has LOOP 1 preset programmed to sound just pedal X and LOOP2 preset to sound both pedals X+Y at the same time.

The MIDI Loop Box is connected to the KP send/return and to the

MIDI interfaces. The Performance Slot 1 and Slot 2, both have a FX loop stomp turned on to play the loop box. The Remote is programmed to play the Performance Slots which will send MIDI program changes to the loop box.

So, If I want to play a song starting with LOOP1 preset (pedal X), I just select the Performance Slot 1 programmed for that. If at some point I want to use the Loop Box LOOP2 preset (pedals X+Y), I just select the Performance Slot 2 which will send the corresponding MIDI program change to the Loop Box.

I believe the programming is described in "Transmitting MIDI Commands to Two External Devices in Performance Mode" in the user manual

That is how it's done, correct?