Winter in LA

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So I was in LA this last weekend, long story short start of the Oscars season for me and I was picking up my Academy Award (SciTech) which was insanely awesome. Anyhow it was surprisingly cold and wet for LA and left me feeling a little inspired when I got back home. However I've also been super busy which meant very little time, so I quickly knocked out a short noodle exploring some of the more pad like reverb and delay sounds you can get from the Kemper with the recent verb update with some retro trip sounds. Hopefully I'll force some time into my schedule for more noodling soon, but for now this is at least a start getting my butt into gear to fire up the DAW and law down something, anything.

• Concgates .:!:

Now I will enjoy your noodlings not only with great pleasure but also with great awe.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• LOL thanks Sharry, though being good at CG and UX coding stuff doesn't make me much good at music sadly (going through these forums let alone having three close family members who are fantastic and successful professional musicians gives you a real sense of perspective on your skills, i.e. not good). But I still get a lot of fun out of doing it and hope the result isn't too unpalatable on the old lug-holes.

• Cool noodling, and congrats, man!

I'm travelling in the opposite direction as you, used to play for a living (just bar band stuff) and these days fooling around with learning mograph, etc. via Cinema 4D just for fun.

Not very good at either, but I'd like to emphasize the fun part. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• But I still get a lot of fun out of doing it and hope the result isn't too unpalatable on the old lug-holes.

I like to share the fun with you, and I've already noticed that your musicality surpasses the skills needed to play "Moonriver" by far. ;)

• paults - Thank-you! Yeah the new verbs are great for pad textural sounds, that opening sound is in fact just tail from a verb even!

Zappledan - Thanks brother!

Chris Duncan - Thank-you. I tried to make MoGraph a fun thing so it doesn't get in the way of creativity. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

Sharry - Possibly, but I don't sound or look as good as Audrey.

whippinpost91850 - Thank-you, yes it is incredible, still can't quite believe it.

• External Content soundcloud.com

So I was in LA this last weekend, long story short start of the Oscars season for me and I was picking up my Academy Award (SciTech) which was insanely awesome. Anyhow it was surprisingly cold and wet for LA and left me feeling a little inspired when I got back home. However I've also been super busy which meant very little time, so I quickly knocked out a short noodle exploring some of the more pad like reverb and delay sounds you can get from the Kemper with the recent verb update with some retro trip sounds. Hopefully I'll force some time into my schedule for more noodling soon, but for now this is at least a start getting my butt into gear to fire up the DAW and law down something, anything.

Way to go! Congrats.