Has Kemper sound changed with latest update??

• Downloaded the latest update on Monday , I know I might just be going crazy but for the past 2 days, I just find, it sounds f*#^*@#$ amazing.

inspiring to play , the feel is superb.

Am I alone thinking this?

Even many of my old profiles i wasn't using, i'm finding they kick ass.

I love this machine, over 6 years and still blown away by the tones I'm getting !!

• That’s awesome! But I’m pretty sure Kemper Amps doesn’t change how the profiles sound with firmware updates. It’s their M.O.

• Trust me, if Kemper actually updated the sound of the profiling, it would be in the update notes.

• I'm with Kriswylde if we're talking about the Beta releases and hearing a sonic difference. At least I thought so. The previous beta to 5.7.1.14156 did something funny to the gain structure on all my rigs. It was subtle but the transition into distortion was NOT the same. I felt like everything had less gain and not in a good way.

But the new 5.7.1.14156 fixed all that and now, with all the new verbs and verb presets ... it is "most excellent" once again

• I think nothing changes in Sound , if this would be the Case, Kemper had a big Problem

I think its the Case how we hear things from day to day,

there are days were i think wow, my Vibrolux sounds Great

and some other Days, nothing has changed in the setup,

i think mhhh this Amp has sounded better before

maybe or Brain tricks us sometimes

• That's probably the new verbs, they drastically change your favorite profiles in a new & good way. The spring for instance give much more mojo & vintage tone to any profile, while reducing the gain , or at least the way your perceive gain.

• Yes, you right

I also hear different sound day by day, it's killing me

Sometimes i think what problem with me, with my ears, mood, i don't know... maybe weather? Hard to understand this

One day sound really good, on next day not hear anything interesting in sound. I can play 5 days without emotions with sound, but with same settings on 6 day it's will be sounded amazing

• No.Nothing has changed.

We had this discussion several times here..anyway..

It is our mood.How good we feel.The older I get the more it becomes a fact.It is all about my mood and "daily condition".

I also said this several times:Read(in some of the newest science surveys) about how even a "single glass of wine" the night before can change the way we hear the next day.It is really shocking.Unbelievable.Nevertheless I believe it is true.The older we get we have to depend on our "experience" how our gear sounds.And the "patience" that any negative mood will pass and we will have our glorious,beloved sound "all if the sudden" back.

Personally during the last year's I developed methods of "finding back" into a good sound after some time of being disappointed with my guitar sound.It is often just a "working your way back to light" when you are in a deep black sound hole.We are musicians after all.Drama and depression(specially about our sound) is part of our job.||:P;)

• I also said this several times:Read(in some of the newest science surveys) about how even a "single glass of wine" the night before can change the way we hear the next day

That's why when someone asked Joe Walsh how he plays so well when he's drunk he just answerd "because I practice when I'm drunk" :)

The solution to consistent sound is therefore to make sure you don't go a single day without a single glass of wine ;)

• For us it seems funny and weird but I know top engineers who takes this very serious.;)

I like the fact that I can be sure about that the profiler always "stays the same".This is of big importance to me.

• Absolutely, i was tee total (didn’t drink alcohol) for nearly 20 years. Then a bunch of pals took me out for a celebration and got me drunk. I will never forget that night.i was shocked at how much of my high end hearing just disappeared and I felt detached from all the sounds around me. Not a pleasant experience,although I have learned to live woth it sonce then ?

• Where’s that picture from? Is grohl actually using kemper?

Haha, no. I just very quickly knocked it out as a gag to go with the effusive delight in Kemper. As if it's not obvious that it's a badly knocked together collage, Grohl is a die hard analog guy AFAIK. I picked on him (sorry Dave) as his current "look" is quite similar to the guy in the famous original Joy of Sex illustrations, especially with a little levels tweaking in Photoshop. Plus he looks like he's having an epiphany of sorts in that photo :P.