most current OD stomps -

• Hey Kemper buds,

I am so pumped for this thing and am looking forward to a rental and eventually a purchase.

I am having a little trouble figuring out what the most recent OD stomps are, can anyone point me in the right direction? Id love a demo video if you know of one.

If anyone in the Boston area wants to stop by my studio for a Kemper hang please let me know. I'd love to get a small group of players and trade tips.

thanks,

Aaron

• The OD stomps haven’t been updated. CK has suggested they will/may be updated at some point but it doesn’t look likely that will happed soo. As they are clearly focused on getting the new Reverbs to a stable official release (currently in public Beta), then the new Rig Manager/Editor and the new speaker system Kemper Kone. I think it’s safe to say that team Kemper are keeping themselves pretty busy just now 8)

• Yeah there should be a list of the OD stomps which hasn't changed much. There are replicas of TS's, Metal zones etc. but bear in mind you can profile an amp with an OD pedal in front of it so you might be just as well to find a rig with a TS in the signal chain.

If you are an OD pedal fan then its a little limited ( and I suspect the next on the hit list of improvements) but if its just gain you want, so much in the Amps already there....I never use OD pedals, I get what I need from the amps.

I'm happy to pop round although might take me a while ( I'm in the UK :) )..

• The OD stomps haven’t been updated. CK has suggested they will/may be updated at some point but it doesn’t look likely that will happed soo. As they are clearly focused on getting the new Reverbs to a stable official release (currently in public Beta), then the new Rig Manager/Editor and the new speaker system Kemper Kone. I think it’s safe to say that team Kemper are keeping themselves pretty busy just now 8)

Yeah there should be a list of the OD stomps which hasn't changed much. There are replicas of TS's, Metal zones etc. but bear in mind you can profile an amp with an OD pedal in front of it so you might be just as well to find a rig with a TS in the signal chain.

If you are an OD pedal fan then its a little limited ( and I suspect the next on the hit list of improvements) but if its just gain you want, so much in the Amps already there....I never use OD pedals, I get what I need from the amps.

I'm happy to pop round although might take me a while ( I'm in the UK :) )..

Thanks Dudes! I think I am understanding. I fully get profiling an amp with a klon in front of it or a TS. What I don't understand ids profiling a pedal. That seems to suggest that one could use it as a stomp in the Kemper along with your fave profile, is that correct?

best,

A

• however, you can profile your amp with the overdrive off, then profile it again with the overdrive on and switch between the profiles in performance mode, using midi or foot switch controllers.

• Just to sumerise:

You can profile an amp with a pedal in front to get the "full" sound.

You can also profile the same amp without the pedal, so switching profiles effectively switches the pedal on and off.

The Kemper has some pedals already in its standard pack

You cannot (yet) profile a pedal.

Persoanlly, I feel that most TS's are used to add some more gain and tone to an existing driven amp. For me, I just use a profile of an amp with more gain...

In other words, if you want a fast car, buy a fast car. Don't buy a slow car and spend money trying to make it fast..( I do appreciate that some pedals add "other" flavours)...

• Feel ya man- I get it now. I have never much cared for the gain pedal thing. a cool FUZZ is fun but amp gain is the jam.

• one of the best tones is my Mesa Nomad 1x12 combo on the clean channel with the blackstar preamp tube OD.

It helps to swap out the stock 6L6 with EL34s in the amp.

The Nomad series has amazing cleans that rival the Fender delux. But more sparkle IMO

But adding the Blackstar OD is Crunch heaven

Which can't be attained without the pedal.

• Some commercial profilers (at least one comes to my mind) include profiles with several amp gain stages and profile these profiles again with different stomps in front (TS, Klone, King of Tone, Blues Breaker, etc.).

I like to have both choices, even if that multiplies the possibilities (I'm really struggling with having too much choice). I really dig having the gain coming from the amp, but in some cases it's really nice to take "profile gain stage 2" and for a nice boost "profile gain stage 2 + Klone". The tone is different in comparison to driving the amp harder. A nice blues breaker, ts or klone just gives a different vibe. I wouldn't say better, as this is a matter of taste ;)