Kemper+yamaha hs7

• Hi everyone! Just bought yamaha hs7 and connected to my kpa by xlr cables from main output but... My rigs sound a bit distorted (cab sim on, marsh 4x12, mesa 4x12 etc.).. Before these monitors i used to connect my powerhead to a dv mark cabinet (cab sim off) and it sounded good but now.. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help ^^

• I'm sure Wheresthedug is correct that you're overloading an input somewhere. If you're just going from two Kemper outputs directly to the speakers, his -18 suggestion will doubtless solve your problem.

That said, you were previously going from the powered speaker output to your guitar cab. Now you're using a pair of studio reference monitors, so it's possible you may have additional things in the chain, like a computer audio interface, before the two speakers. What's your complete signal path, i.e. what Kemper outputs to what [possible other devices] to the speakers?

The more devices you have in the path, the more places you can overload your signal, so proper gain staging has to take them all into account.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I almost resolve by turning down the gain but it kills the sound... I will try by turning down kpa master (im not at home now i will let u know)

Btw where is that -18db? I remember - 12db maybe im wrong (that option just turns down the entire volume)

I was trying profiles from rig manager and they all sounded distorted ?

• Sorry it is -12dB not -18dB it is in the output menu and as you already noticed it just turns down the entire volume to stop the KPA overloading the inputs of the desk or powered speakers. When you reduce the output level of the KPA you simply compensate by turning up the volume on the HS7.

Don't turn down the Kemper gain that will totally change the profile rather than simply stop something distorting in a bad way.

If you are using high output pickups or a pedal in front of the KPA you may be clipping the input in which case you could try turning down clean sens in the Input menu. However, you should be able to see whether this is the problem as the input LED would be flashing red.

If these don't solve the issue then I would suggest you listen to Chris. He is the master of trouble shooting :). His basic mantra is go systematically one thing at a time and isolate the issue. Which is, of course, exactly the right thing to do. I'm just too impatient to follow it 8o

• No good news ? rigs always sound distorted.. Tones are very nice but it's like they're dirty, sound unnatural..