Your favourite clean profiles

• That depends on your definition of "clean" :)

Some people mean totally zero grit like plugging straight into the mixing desk (80's pop) or a Roland JC120. While others still think of fairly gritty sounds as still "registering as clean" to quote Tim Pierce from his video on clean sounds in his work.

Even someone like Wes Montgomery or Hank Marvin actually had a slightly (often more than slightly) dirty sound but we still think of them as clean.

What are you looking for?

• Sorry I had miss typed my previous answer, it has been corrected :)

I tend to normally go for Fender amps for cleans, Delux Reverb or a Twin, have owned a few Mesa amps that I've enjoyed too the Lonestar special was my favourite.

I'm just finding that the profiles I'm using seem to sound really processed and flat.

• That's interesting because one of the things I think the Kemper does so well (compared to other solid state or digital platforms I've tried) is the clean to edge of break up sound and feel of a great amp.

As Paul said, a good starting point would be your ideal real amp for comparison.

For me, I love Mesa Mark Series and Lonestar cleans. I also really love Dumbles, Dumble clones and Dumble inspired such as Two Rock, Ceriatone etc. There are some killer packs out there for those. There are also some great Fender and Vox inspired profiles out there from several well known sources.

To give a sense of perspective.

• Your post crossed with mine :)

So we seem to share some common ground in terms of likes and reference point.

The rules of the forum are that we aren't supposed to talk about specific commercial profiles or profilers in the general discussion area (it dates back to a period when profilers were considered to be spamming us) b=so this thread might get moved to the commercial profile area by the mods.

There is a reason why so many people tend to like Michael Britt's profiles. 8) They tend to sound really great straight out the pox. I use his D Pack of Dumble and Dumble clone amps and love it.

There is a free Mesa Mark 5:25 pack available in the Commercial area. I can't remember who gave it away but it has some nice Mesa cleans.

I like the Tone Junkie stuff for edge of breakup type sounds. The 65 Lowman and 69 Vibe Rolex are really nice. They also have a Two Rock pack Too Stone TS1 than I like.

I actually tried using my real Mesa Mark 5:25 for clean practice at home recently and ended up going back to the Kemper because the profiles sounded much better to me at that volume.

• I think I just need more time testing out profiles and just generally getting used to using the Kemper, feeling like a fish out of water with it at the moment.

There are so many profiles available that it is easy to get lost in them.

The key thing is that the profiles are snapshots of one person's idea of a great sound. Most people tend to find a limited number of profilers whose style they like and then gravitate towards they preferred list when looking for new amps to try.

Another good one I should have mentioned is The Amp Factory Vox pack which is really nice.

Another question would be what are you monitoring on and at what sort of volume? Is it live or recording use? Studio Monitors, FRFR or guitar cab. all will affect your perception.

• Oh ok, I didn't realise that :)

I'll check some of those out today, I'm loving the Kemper so far and have got some awesome higher gain profiles that I love, so I'm assuming it's either I haven't found the right profiles yet or I'm doing something terribly wrong haha.

I'm monitoring it on a Yamaha DXR 10 and I also have a set of Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, it will be for live and studio use.

You've given me some great pointers there though, I really appreciate it, thanks.

• Check out the Showgirl 62 free rig in Bert Meulendijk's rig pack. You can access it with Rig Manager. I did a Marshall JTM30 profile that's not bad for cleans also. For a wee bit more grit, try the famous Morgan AC20 from rmpacheco.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• If you have Rig Manager installed, you could start by filtering on your favorite amp brands, sorting by gain and trying the ones with the lowest gains.

Don't forget to eat and drink if you do this ^^

I am more of a high gain guy so what I think of clean may not be clean at all but someone recommended the included profile Hey Jim before and I think it is marvelous. You can find it listed here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/factoryrigs

• Not that it will help cause I can't find it but tijlcarrein has one called Fender TwinAmp Chorus which he quickly demo'd, in I think the latest tutorial he did for ToastMe Editor. That is my thinking when the word "Clean" comes to mind except the Chorus, of course. Maybe he'll see I tagged him and let us know where he got it or someone else knows.

Here it is: Part 3 : Lock States & Pseudo Cab Management at 11:38 on the third video in the post by DamianGreda

Edited once, last by Zapman ().

• Here is a fantastic video on how to get a straight up, in your face, Nile Rogers clean tone!!

I use it aaaaallll the time!!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Clean Good Sounds with the Kemper???? Ah!!!!!

Hundreds!!!!

Some for Strat some other for Les Paul, some others for Tele, PRS etc... some better for Neck, some for Bridge pickup, some for meedle position etc...

You will be embaracced from the park of sounds so good you could find, let's start ordering by gain, take just one of your guitar and start listen to it with rig manager. In less than 1 minutes you will find already a good one ...

• Turn it up to amp levels and it'll sound more like a tube amp. ;)

I like the M Britt Blues Jr profiles, his Deluxe reverb, Dumbles. I also use his AC30 profiles for Beatles and early R&R stuff. There are so many good ones.

I use a few Polytone profiles from M Britt and the rig exchange for a great jazz tone.