Your favourite clean profiles

• Turn it up to amp levels and it'll sound more like a tube amp. ;)

I like the M Britt Blues Jr profiles, his Deluxe reverb, Dumbles. I also use his AC30 profiles for Beatles and early R&R stuff. There are so many good ones.

I use a few Polytone profiles from M Britt and the rig exchange for a great jazz tone.

You read my mind. Just like with a "real" amp, I find I have to get the speakers moving a little, for cleans to sound good -- even with studio monitors.

• I play pedal steel with KPA so I go for clean tone only. I turn down the gain on every profile that I audition to determine which ones are acceptable for a clean tone. The ones with the proper mid scoop, (like a Fender Twin or Fender Deluxe) seemed to give me the best starting point. I play guitar too and once I get the clean tone dialed in, it almost always sounds fantastic for clean Telecaster. Sooooo musical. I've done some profiles of my latest and greatest steel amps. They sound great in a Kemper profile. Some of them sound better in the profile than the amp does in a room. Go figure. If you have a clean sound in an amp that you like, I would encourage you to learn to take a profile. It's pretty straightforward.

• hey, if I want to profile a clean Fender with an OD pedal, how do I go about it? Just Main output into the pedal and then out the the amp? Is it that easy?

• I think it would be cool if we could actually blend the cabinet sound with the sound of the cabinet bypassed just to fatten the sound up a bit. Those clean funky sounds with the cabinet bypassed work well in the studio but don't work so well live. It still needs a little bit of that cab sound to work live with a full band.

• Not sure it helps... I profiled one of my favorite clean amps a few days ago...
    Evans AH200 (under author TiltSound). Hopefully I did the amp justice. I think the profile sounds really good, and very very very clean.

Also by the way, i noticed on really clean amps, I have to lower the master volume to like -10 so that I hear it as intended in some FRFR amps.

• Not sure it helps... I profiled one of my favorite clean amps a few days ago...
    Evans AH200 (under author TiltSound). Hopefully I did the amp justice. I think the profile sounds really good, and very very very clean.

Also by the way, i noticed on really clean amps, I have to lower the master volume to like -10 so that I hear it as intended in some FRFR amps.

I got a couple of my lap steels out of the closet and used your Evans profiles. They are absolutely perfect for the clean sound I prefer for country, jazz and Hawaiian. Love CLEAN, full range rig. A bit of hall reverb completes the setup for me. Thank you!

Soon I'll give it a go with 6 string electric.

• I play acoustic guitar let me get to it. Rivera 30 12 profile clean by HAYS has some great headroom is worth a try. I set the gain 1.5 ( 3 lights ) volume like 50%. I am using the Powerhead version into Jensen Falcon 50s. Currently i have had a Jhs buffered splitter to start the chain into a modulation pedal i have few i swap into the front of the KPA.
    In Stomps i hit it with a compressor to even volumes and a Flange and Phase that i toggle on and off. Tiny gain on acoustic seems to shine it gives you that dial in the amp feeling. i backed the treble back 3 lights but they are all close to untouched.

This ain't stadium volume but i am curious to try some of these suggestions to see how it contends. HAYS if your out there i appreciate you every day.

Had a preamp that would not not buzz so i got a Fishman Sound hole pickup no battery.

• Check out the profiles from Guido Bungenstock ( Guidorist). I especially like the GB Lemon RV50 and of course my very own amp the GB Angel Shouter, but Guido offers a ton of great clean profiles even within the „more metal“ amp packages like f.e the GB Bog XTC (Green). ToneJunkie makes really great profiles as well, like the 65 Deluxe Verb and of course the ACE 30 B, but I especially like the 87 Mark III and the Match Spit for cleans. Besides that I second the MBritt and BMeulendijk profiles and I‘m sure you‘ll find thousands other ones, but I always end up using the profiles above for both recording and live…