Celestion F12-X200 in einer Mesa Boogie Thiele Box verwenden oder nicht / Using Celestion F12-X200 in a Mesa Boogie Thiele Box or not

• Hello, everybody,

I'm just thinking about selling my Mesa Boogie Thiele Box with EVM 12L to buy another solution for the recently purchased Kemper --> or to install a Celestion F12-X200 speaker in this box. Then add a power amplifier and the stage solution is ready.

What do you think?

(The Mesa Boogie Thiele is a rare ROAD READY BOX, which is also best suited for transport;-))

Whether the sound of the Celestion F12 could be good in the cabinet can perhaps only be determined by the conversion, but perhaps there may also be a good theoretical explanation as to whether it could be good or not;-)

Does anyone have an idea/theory?

-----------------------------------------------

Hallo zusammen,

ich denke gerade darüber nach, ob ich meine Mesa Boogie Thiele Box mit EVM 12L verkaufe um eine andere Lösung für den kürzlich erstandenen Kemper zu kaufen --> oder einen Celestion F12-X200 speaker in diese Box einzubauen. Dann eine Endstufe dazu und fertig ist die Bühnenlösung.

Was meint Ihr?

(Die Mesa Boogie Thiele ist eine seltene ROAD READY BOX, die ja auch bestens für den Transport geeignet ist;-))

Ob der Sound des Celestion F12 in der Box gut sein könnte, ist vielleicht nur durch den Umbau zu ermitteln, aber vielleicht mag es ja auch eine gute theoretische Erklärung geben, ob es gut sein könnte oder nicht;-)

Hat einer eine Idee/Theorie?

KEMPER "TOASTER" & REMOTE

**I thought I had the perfect AMP&BOX Team/Sound and was taught a better lesson, when I got to know the Kemper - now I own one**:thumbup:

• Das wirst du nur übers Ausprobieren herausfinden können.

Da die Box selten ist und du sie ja zu mögen scheinst, würde ich sie auf jeden Fall behalten.

This will be a classical case of trial & error.

In any case, as it's a rare cab and you seem to like it: hang on to it!

• I would go the trial & error way. Just order a Celestion F12 at Thomann, maybe with a Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170, and put the F12 in the Thiele cab. If it sounds good for you, you can sell the EVM12L, not the cab. If it doesn't sound right, return the F12. You have a 30-days money back guarantee so why not use that to make your trial & error cheap and easy?

• Hello Ingolf & DML,

THX for your quick answer!
    That sounds like my first inspiration.

Yesterday I had a chance for a quick comparison with different stage monitors (would surely be the best/lightest variant), but they didn't have the pressure of a "suitcase amplifier" or closed box in a direct comparison.

So, I think, the Mesa Box with the celestion, might be a better posibility to get the right volume in most stage variations.

The delivery time of the speaker is currently a few weeks, is probably a big demand at present.

in the meantime.....

... I have to look for a light weight powerfull poweramp (not the old an heavy Yamaha`s 16Kg devices;-))
    that the 200 RMS speaker will handle.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a handy amp? (like: "Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170" thx DMX!!)

Please none of the low quality types (a good friend repairs the good ones and also some of the very cheap ones and advises against them)

Good would be some quality of the second hand market;-)
    Any Idea (others too) is welcome!;-)
    ------------------------------------------------

Hallo Ingolf & DML,

Vielen Dank für eure schnelle Antwort!

Das klingt nach meiner ersten Inspiration.

Gestern hatte ich die Möglichkeit eines schnellen Vergleichs mit verschiedenen Bühnenmonitoren (wäre sicherlich die beste/leichteste Variante), aber sie hatten nicht den Druck eines "Kofferverstärkers" oder einer geschlossenen Box im direkten Vergleich.

Also, ich denke, die Mesa Box mit dem Celestion, könnte eine bessere Möglichkeit sein, in den meisten Bühnenvariationen das richtige Volumen zu erhalten.

Die Lieferzeit des Lautsprechers beträgt derzeit einige Wochen, ist derzeit wahrscheinlich eine große Nachfrage.

in der Zwischenzeit...........

... Ich muss nach einem leichten, leistungsstarken Endstufenmodell suchen (nicht die alten und schweren Yamaha 16Kg Geräte;-))).

die der 200 RMS-speaker gut verarbeiten kann.

Hat jemand eine gute Empfehlung für einen praktischen Verstärker? (wie: "Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170" thx DMX!!!)

Bitte keine der minderwertigen Typen (ein guter Freund repariert die guten und auch einige der sehr billigen und rät davon ab).

Gut wäre eine gewisse Qualität des Gebrauchtmarktes;-)

Jede Idee (auch andere) ist willkommen!;-)

**I thought I had the perfect AMP&BOX Team/Sound and was taught a better lesson, when I got to know the Kemper - now I own one**:thumbup:

Edited 3 times, last by hochimnorden ().

• I'd recommend a Palmer Macht 402 1u racked stereo power amp. Has good input matching (H,M,L) to the Kemper and outputs up to 400w in Bridge mode @ 8 ohms. Has basic treble and bass controls on the front panel.

Good price and good reliability.

Regarding your EVM12L, I'd hang on to it ..... I use one in a Mesa halfback cab - prefer the ambience of open back, but have had Thieles as well - and a Celestion Redback (also 200w @8ohms). The EV wins hands down for sheer girth and presence of sound ! For me, the best guitar loudspeakerthere is ..... :thumbup:

• THX lento1234567!

I`ll take a look on that!;)