Merged Vs Studio Profiling Shortcut

• If I understand correctly, when I add a cabinet to a DI profile, that profile becomes a Merged profile as the only difference between the two is the presence of the cabinet in the rig. That being the case, when profiling an amp and cabinet, I would have thought that the studio profile need only be taken once with an optimal mic position (more for different micing options obviously). Once a merged profile has been created from that Studio profile and its corresponding DI profile, subsequent merged profiles can be created using the resulting cabinet and differing DI profiles of the same amp without having to take further studio profiles.

Does the above sound reasonable?

My thinking is that I can optimise my micing and the Kemper profiling EQ prior to taking the single Studio profile so that I get the best possible profile of the cabinet+ microphone and then flatten the Profiler EQ for taking the DI profiles so that I effectively 'fix' any frequencies that I don't like from my awful micing technique but maintain the EQ settings of the amp itself (within the DI profiles).

Any thoughts?

• use the same settings from the studio profile when making the direct (minus cab) and load over for 100% accurate representation but if you're merging from a studio to a direct make sure its from the same amp pack.

• Thanks for the reply but I think you misunderstood my question. I'm not using an amp pack, I'm profiling my own amp and cabinet.

Once I've created a merged cabinet with a matching DI & Studio profile, can it then be used with any other DI profile (with different EQ, gain etc) of the same amp to give an 'authentic' result (in the form of further merged profiles) and indeed can it be used with other DI profiles of different amps for 'authentic' sounds?

• Merging is a subtractive process which isolates the speaker and mic sound by comparing the signals from a Direct and a Studio profile. The KPa then subracts the Direct profile from the Studio profile to leave just the cabinet. It’s a genius solution to a complex problem which shows CK and the team’s ability to think in novel and innovative ways.

Your scenario sounds reasonable in principle and will probably get VERY close to a true merged profile. However, the amp, speaker and mic are a dynamic interactive system. The speaker will react differently depending on the level and frequency content of the signal. The speaker feedback/damping effect on the amp will affect the amp response too. So just using one cab setting will not result in a true merged profile. However, it may be that the differeces are so subtle that they may be completely unnoticeable. Basically, if it sounds good go with it.

• My favorite merged profiles are Petr Canov's, are like a real amp. Does anyone know any other merged profiles packs to check??I love merged more than studios, more crispy sound and I am searching for more amps...so any known (or unkown )packs..????

• My favorite merged profiles are Petr Canov's, are like a real amp. Does anyone know any other merged profiles packs to check??I love merged more than studios, more crispy sound and I am searching for more amps...so any known (or unkown )packs..????

Guidorist have lot of merged profiles(i think all his packs are studio and merged),who is that guy Petr Canov where i can find his profiles?

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• Guidorist have lot of merged profiles(i think all his packs are studio and merged),who is that guy Petr Canov where i can find his profiles?

You will be blown away by his profiles, and I am about to do a video...do you have Facebook? if yes find me and I will link his profile in Facebook and I will sent you and sounding examples. My profile in Fb is Zorbas Giwrgos, the theatrical photo on the floor..

• You will be blown away by his profiles, and I am about to do a video...do you have Facebook? if yes find me and I will link his profile in Facebook and I will sent you and sounding examples..

what are you facebook name to find you?

• Giwrgos Zorbas, the guy on the floor, theatrical photo..yours?

my name is Juan Manuel Gonzalez with a red guitar pick photo

ok i just sent you a friend request

Edited once, last by Ni6htWalker ().