White Noise Around Notes With Loop

• I've noticed a really odd thing when I tried to use the hardware loop (Loop Mono) in the X or Mod slot of my KPA...

Since I noticed in, in doing some digging it appears I'm not the only one, but where some other people seem to have fixed it, I cannot.

This is the first time I've ever tried to use the loop (4CM with my pedalboard) but I've worked with plenty of amps like this over the years, including yesterday when I got the idea to try this on my Kemper.

As soon as I turned on the loop, I hear an odd silence (I normally run the noise gate completely off) like there is a gate on, and there is a "static" noise around all of my notes. When I stop playing, it is silent (again, too silent) but even if I just tap the strings I hear this static sound.

First, I assumed it was something on my board so I simply patched the direct out on the KPA to the Return Input with a 1 foot cable, still there. When I turn the loop off in slot X or Mod, it goes back to normal.

I tried the trick of adjusting the ducking to -0.0 and while it seems to remove the noise gate, I still hear the static around the notes. I saw CK's response to someone else about the clean sense, and even at +12 on my clean sense I still hear the noise (although, yes, it is less evident with so much guitar signal, I normally just go at 0 all the time.)

I'm using OS 5.4.1 so I'm going to update to 5.5.2, but I'm going in the studio next week and really don't want to use a beta.

So, has anyone experienced this and fixed it? I can do a video if needed, but I don't think I'm the only one that's had this issue.

Thanks!

• I was wrong again, and now I can reproduce it and it reproduces on both of my Kempers...

I typically run Monitor Out (no cab) to power amp/guitar speaker and run the Main out to FOH with cab.

When I have the loop active and no cab block on, no problem, as soon as I turn the cab block on (which is an IR from Ownhammer) I have this static sound around the notes.

I can now duplicate this on both my own profiles, and other profiles, on 2 Kempers reliably, every time.

Do I maybe have the Direct Out set incorrectly? I think I have it on "Stack" but I've tried several options and none of them make a difference.

Any ideas?

FW is 5.5.2 if it matters. I'm pretty sure I've got everything set right, I've been a KPA user since FW 2.3 :)