Randall RF-4 universal midi footswitch

• I had another look at that Randall pedal and I don’t think it will work as it isn’t really a midi controller. It appears to just be a 4 button amp channel pedal with a midi plug. There is no documentation available for any midi functionality. However, there are plent of other cheap small midi padals that would be able to do it.

• As Alan says, you need CC 50-54 to select each rig in every performance.

If you look at the RF8 on the same web site (which sounds a lot like the RF4 you refer to), it does have programmable MIDI capability, but only CC80 to CC87 and PC0 to PC7. I would assume the RF4 is similar, but only PC0-3.

If I'm not mistaken, you can use PC0-3 to select slots 1-4 but only in Performance #1, as rigs in other performances will have a higher number that is a combination of Perf number and Slot number.

You can also assign any 4 rigs in Browse mode to PC 0-3

Personally, I think this is a very limited capability for probably a high outlay and if it was me, I'd just use a simple two button switch to select rig up/down, either in Browse or Performance mode. This way you can access every slot in every performance once the performance has been selected.