Is there a command line interface?

• I was wondering if, in Windows, there are any command line switches for Rig Manager. Specifically, I'd love to be able to do something like

[path]\RigManager.exe /b BackupFileName

I currently include the Rig Manager data folder in my nightly backups, but G String cautioned against trying to restore from the contents of the folder, and he would know. I'd like to use the preferred method of RM generated backups. However, where backups are concerned, if it's not automated it doesn't happen (or at least not on the day when it really matters).

If I could invoke an RM backup from the command line, it could then be automated in my nightly backup scripts. Is there a command line switch for something like this?

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Even if, I do not expect an answer from mothership.

I've never heard that they gave advice for an alternative operating to the official documents.

Trying would be at your risk !

• I currently include the Rig Manager data folder in my nightly backups, but G String cautioned against trying to restore from the contents of the folder, and he would know. I'd like to use the preferred method of RM generated backups. However, where backups are concerned, if it's not automated it doesn't happen (or at least not on the day when it really matters).

as long as you roll everything back (Windows version/Rig Manager Version/Content/Registry etc.) and keep things consistent, this should work fine. The issue we have with all that and the reason for me to step in and delete those posts every now and then is another one: just moving the user data folder to a (possibly) different system will not always work well. and in this case we prefer users to utilise the backup function in Rig Manager. Those backups are cross platform and independent of the installation.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• as long as you roll everything back (Windows version/Rig Manager Version/Content/Registry etc.) and keep things consistent, this should work fine. The issue we have with all that and the reason for me to step in and delete those posts every now and then is another one: just moving the user data folder to a (possibly) different system will not always work well. and in this case we prefer users to utilise the backup function in Rig Manager. Those backups are cross platform and independent of the installation.

Thanks, man. Yeah, I could easily imagine trouble happening if any of the factors were different.

In a perfect world I'd just remember to do a manual backup and save the file, but I have an impressive collection of battle scars just below the waterline that attest to my unreliable memory for that sort of thing. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10