Real tube amp with KPA

• I picked up a H&K Deluxe 20 which I love. I want to use the KPA nd Deluxe 20 fx loops to use KPA delays, reverbs, modulation and so on. I already found a thread which explains how to do this. But is there a way to still run the KPA and all my profiles through my audio interface as well. Just run the KPA main outs to the audio interface and Deluxe 20 another channel on the audio interface and still have the amp use KPA fx from the loop?

Hope this make sense to someone.

TIA

• I'm pretty sure that's not going to work as described, but maybe run a splitter from your guitar and send one to your amp (with a mic on it) and the other through the KPA and record both.

As a bonus (if you don't like the effects in your DAW) you could then re-amp the H&K track back through the KPA with the Amp and Cab sections disabled to use the Effects section.

• Consider putting the amp in the loop of the kpa. That way you can switch between kpa sounds and your amp.

Guit > kpa—>kpa send—>amp front—>ampsend—>kpa return—>kpa mon out —>amp return.

Switch cabs of with the global function in the output section.

For presets where you use your amp switch amp, stack and cab* off in the kpa preset.

(Loop on obviously)

* in theory you could leave cabs on in the preset cause you disabled in the output section. However when you switch the amp section off, switching cabs on and off does effect the output section, which it shouldnt cause cabs where disabled in th output. Kpa bug unfortunatelly.

Btw...profiling your amps pre amp only and play those through the return of your amp works excellent!

• Consider putting the amp in the loop of the kpa. That way you can switch between kpa sounds and your amp.

Guit > kpa—>kpa send—>amp front—>ampsend—>kpa return—>kpa mon out —>amp return.

Thanks for the help. Then I just put the amp into my audio interface?

Btw...profiling your amps pre amp only and play those through the return of your amp works excellent!

Very interesting! Will try that.

Thank you for the help! Also are they TRS cables for the loops?

• Thanks for the help. Then I just put the amp into my audio interface?

Very interesting! Will try that.

Thank you for the help! Also are they TRS cables for the loops?

Im not sure what you mean by “amp into audio interface”.

Whatever.....Never put a speaker output into anything other then a speaker...or a device specifcly designed to take a speaker...else your gonna get fireworks and break stuff.

To record / go I to an audio interface with the setup I mentioned is a littlebit tricky.

For the scenario where u use your amp in the loop, and disabled the amp section on the kpa:

In theory you can put an ir in the cabsection so your soundcard gets a cabsimmed signal of your amps preamp. (It will miss the powerampcolor...but in many cases and with the right ir...thats fine)

But....the Kemper is bugged when you switch off the amp section...as soon as you activat a cab in the preset, the sound to your amps return / actual cab, gets effected also, which shouldnt happen when you switched those off in the output. Its minimal....so maybe its fine to your ears.

For profiling you preamp, check the manual...but remember....keep the speakercable into your speaker....and nothing else unless you have a special device for that.

• Im not sure what you mean by “amp into audio interface”.

Whatever.....Never put a speaker output into anything other then a speaker...or a device specifcly designed to take a speaker...else your gonna get fireworks and break stuff.

The Deluxe 20 has "speaker off" it is designed to go direct into n audio interface for recording