Need some advice for live usage

• Thanks. That makes it more clear to me to use tempo for delay in spesific rare occasions where its needed. But why is tempo so prominent ? Tempo button flashing both on kpa and remote, always active on every new profile I make, like it's one of the main thing you should have ready by your foot.. So If it's mostly for delay effects; I don't understand why it's "up in your face' all the time. Unless I've missed some other core usage of this function.. (?). Manual doesn't tell me about the actual practical use of the tempo function, other than how it works.. This is a a question from a musical and practical perspective rather than technical, if you like :).

• Pretty much every device on the planet that supports tempo (stomp boxes, modelers, digital rack fx, even mixers) have a flashing tempo button.

I believe it's required by federal law.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Tempo is typically for delay and modulation based effects.

There are some pieces of gear where the constant flashing of the tap light bugs the crap out of me (perhaps my slightly OCD nature), and it's a different adventure with each piece of gear to find the "turn the damned light off" switch. Some allow you to do it, others don't. The Kemper usually isn't in my line of sight so it doesn't bother me. On my mixer, it did.

If you're not using it live, i.e. if you're in more of a studio environment, that's where I find it the most useful. I work a lot with Cubase controlling the Kemper via midi, and it's pretty cool to bring up a new song and have the delay and modulation effects automagically sync with the song. Yeah, I can do the bpm to milliseconds math if I have to, but why bother with that when the gear is smart enough to do it for me?

Of course, if you're playing a song where you specifically don't want your delay, phase shifter, chorus, etc. to be in sync with the music, then just tap the button to turn the tempo off and the soft button readouts switch to milliseconds.

• Considering swapping for Powerhead and use my 45 days return, but I can also live with non-powered

By the way, regarding the first part of your post, I did buy a powered toaster. And while I'm glad I did (I like options, even when it doesn't seem that I need them), I ultimately bought a Yamaha DXR-10, which his powered, for a stage monitor. The monitor is just for you to hear and feel good when playing. Run the L/R main outs to your PA mixer for the audience.

Buy a powered FRFR monitor that was built for live applications to get the most out of your purchase.

I heartily agree with this advice. the DXR is just one of many good powered FRFRs out there and I've been very happy with the experience. I also have a studio so in that scenario I just plug the L/R mains into the mixer and monitor with the rest of the song through my near fields.

In either case, a non-powered Kemper will serve you well. You really only need powered if you want to drive traditional guitar cabs, which is what I originally thought I'd be doing before I realized they wouldn't fit in my new tiny car. :)

• I love the tap tempo and use it on every song,

especially for delays and tremolo (sp?), but also for phaser. To my way of thinking, being able to adjust to any variance in the tempo is a necessity. And with the Kemper, one tap tempo button addresses all the effects in that performance slot. With my pedal board, I had separate tap tempos for delays, tremolo, etc.

Don't forget, you can hold down the tap tempo button, while playing, and it will set the tempo for you.

Please note that you can turn the brightness of the tap tempo button down.

Be Thankful.

• The thing I find really amusing is that for many years guitarists complained about the NEED to set delay tomes manually (first by twiddling a knob with no calibration at all then by MS calibration) to get their delays in time. Most of us who can remember that far back remember it as being a right royal pain in the ass 8o

Guitarists were screaming for some way to just set the time of delays and other effects by tapping their foot. Manufacturers came up with tap tempo so,utions and SOLVED our problem for us. Now we are complaining about the NEED to set times in something other than MS. It’s like fashion, if you keep something in the wardrobe long enough it will eventually come back i to fashion :D

• By the way .. you are free to disable Tempo in Rig Settings and even lock Tempo in that off state. You could even globally reassign the TAP button of your Remote to for example control the speed of the Rotary Speaker instead of Tempo. So, this damned Tempo LED will never blink again!8o

• Cool! Yeah, I guess it boils down to what type of music you play. U2 like music I'm sure they really dependant on it. I myself like to have it sutle, around 3-400ms and a mix of 45% to have that dreamy feel to it. Suits my songs better that way. Thanks for the tip on how to turn it off burkard

• Live - Unpowered, I'd go DXR 10. Its the best value and light to transport. I have a powered KPA so didn't need to go to that expense, I bought a cheaper FRFR monitor, but I used the DXR as the benchmark.

Also don't mike up, go direct into the PA. Its the best thing about the KPA...