Using Line 6 HX Effects or Stomp with the Kemper

• Hi all, seeking some advice and if anyone has any experience with using the Line 6 HX Effects or Stomp with the Kemper??? Currently I have profiled my sounds from my Victoria and pedals. I have rhythm, lead, clean tones etc. But, I am looking to expand into some other sounds. Just wondering if anyone at all has ever used the Line 6 HX Effects or Stomp with the Kemper and if so, how it sound??? What are the pros and cons? Thanks so much!

• I'm using an HXFX. It works really well using a 4 cable method allowing FX in front of the Kemper and also after the amp stack. It sounds great, is very easy to call up and edit FX and has comprehensive switching facilities for control of the Kemper. I'm using it in mono as the Kemper is perfectly capable of running stereo in the post stack FX section if required.

I haven't run into any cons as yet.

• I'm also using the HX Effects and it's pretty versatile and amazing. My guitar goes into the HX Effects mono, where it goes through compression, the Minotaur, and an overdrive pedal... then I put in a stereo FX Loop, which sends it back to the Kemper starting with Stomps A to D (which are all mono effects) then it hits the amp and cab and then the stereo effects are added for the Effects section of the Kemper. Then it goes back into the HX Effects and I have a series of stereo effects that I take advantage of in the HX (tape delay, reverbs, and then the looper). However, with the release of the new Kemper reverbs, I'm finding that I don't really need the reverbs from the HX Effects anymore.

The best part of the HX Effects are the mono effects I use in the front (comp, boost, and overdrive) and the fact that the footswitches are labelled. It's a great tool to use with your Kemper, but honestly the new reverbs are better on the Kemper now.

These are all the pros... the biggest con is just using the 4- or 7-cable method so it makes it slightly less convenient. However, for the versatility, the HX Effects pairs well. I wouldn't go with the HX Stomp unless you need the Helix amps (which you don't) or fewer buttons (why?!) or a smaller footprint (but more money). Go with the HX Effects, but I would also check out the new reverbs in addition to the already great Kemper delays. It used to be that Line 6 delays and reverbs were better than almost anything out there, but the Kemper ones are superior now IMO.