Troubleshooting Delay Freeze/Infinity using Kemper and HD500 as controller

• Hey guys - I don't post here nearly enough, seeing as how I use the Kemper live at least 2 times a month in a church setting.

I've been absolutely loving the new Kemper reverbs that came out and I was glad to have met the team at NAMM in Anaheim (btw, you don't get this from watching all the NAMM Youtube vids - but you don't realize what it actually smells like at NAMM. Answer: WEED 8))

I've been playing around with adding the new reverbs and delays to my set using Browse mode, but also using the HD500 as my midi controller - which has worked out great so far (except the added weight). I've gotten to the point where I've gotten everything pretty much the way I want it, however, I just can't seem to get it so that when I switch to my new profile that it doesn't automatically load the delays with the Infinity switched on. Does anyone else know how to solve this? My only solution is to just not change rigs and have it so that my Infinity and Freeze functions are off by default since I haven't changed rigs. But if I do change rigs, then when I load this one, the Infinity is already on and I can't figure out how to get it to not be on by default (yeah, I know - I'm doing a lot of ambient stuff, of course).

Another question - have CC codes been assigned for the Reverb Freeze yet? In the original Reverb release thread, a kind fellow user pointed out that CC35 would activate the reverb freeze, but it only worked for delay.

Any help is much appreciated!

• First you need to verify, how the Rigs are stored. You could store a Rig with Infinity being activated. So, it will load as stored with Infinity activated right from the beginning. Test that by loading those Rigs manually via the front panel controls. If that is the issue, just deactivate Infinity and store/replace those Rigs.

If your Rigs are stored with Infinity off, but load with Infinity on, when the MIDI controller is used to load the Rigs, this means, that your foot controller is sending a MIDI control change with a value >0 following the program change to load that Rig. So, effectively the MIDI controller is loading the Rig as stored and immediately activating Infinity. This is normally a global option within MIDI controllers to make them send the current state of all their control change buttons following any program change in order to make sure, that the receiving device is in sync with the state of their control change buttons and corresponding LEDs. Normally, you can deactivate this option globally.

• Thanks Burkhard that's what I figured too. I am pretty sure the HD500 as a midi controller is sending the message to turn on the infinity because it turns on Infinity for both my delays. I have fiddled with the HD500 settings to ensure that it's not activated, which it doesn't seem to be. However, I suspect that it's some sort of bug in the HD500's software. I was mostly wondering if someone else came across this weird error too.