Programming the mission pedal toe switch to activate various functions

• Hello,

I'm using the Mission pedal and the toe switch is set up to toggle from wah wah to volume on all my patches.
    I'd like to have a set up where the pedal is Wah/Vol on one rig, Delay level/Vol on the next rig, Pitch/vol on the next rig, etc.

Is that possible? How?

The Pedal Links page offers Morph/Wah

Is the Morph setting the key? Can morph be used to control all these parameters (vol, delay level, gain, etc) to get the flexibility I'm looking for?

Thanks

Bill

• Probably you have configured your expression pedal as Wah Pedal and did activate WahPedal to Volume. By activating WahPedal to Pitch in addition, that pedal would also control pedal pitch effects (Pedal Pitch and Pedal Vinyl Stop). And the logic is: Whenever a wah effect or a pedal pitch effect or both are active, the pedal controls those effects. If none of those is active, the pedal controls pedal volume.

Alternatively, you could configure your expression pedal as Morph Pedal and activate MorphPedal to Wah and MorphPedal to Pitch. Now the pedal controls Morphing, wah effects and pedal pitch effects. It will control all these simultaneously. So you need to organize your Rigs in a way, that - as intended - some include wah effects, others include pitch effects, and others are set up for Morphing (e. g. Delay Mix).

It isn't possible to combine Morph Pedal and Volume Pedal as the Morph Pedal is kind of always active in the way, that in its toe position the Rig is always ready to accept parameter editing as setting of the Morph Sound, even if there is no Morphing set up so far. Imagine your "volume pedal" stands in toe position and you increase Treble: this is now associated with the Morph Sound not with the Base Sound of that Rig. If you wanted to change settings of the normal Base Sound, you would first need to pull the "volume pedal" back into heel position and had no sound while adjusting the parameter. Not very practical! That's why Morph Pedal and Volume Pedal cannot be combined. So, if you need volume control only opportunistically, you could Morph other volumes (not pedal volume) in a Rig: Rig Volume, Amp Volume, any effect volume,...

I personally think combining all these functions to the same pedal is practically unmanagable. If you really want to use all these function I would recommend to afford a dedicated expression pedal to control volume pedal and another expression pedal to control Morphing, wah and pedal pitch effects.