If you could only get profiles from 3 'profile makers' - whose would they be?

• Hey guys!

Semi recently got my Kemper, and so far I've just been using free profiles off the rig exchange. These are great but I'd love to check out some commercial profiles.

In your personal opinion, what 3 profile makers are your favourite?

• I'd recommend that you first review the profiles that ship with the Kemper, as there are samples of many commercial profilers in there. That'll help give you a feel for what they do.

Also, "the best" profiles will vary for each person and for one are highly dependent on the style of music you play. What's awesome for rhythm & blues may not be so great for metal.

For context, I play classic rock. I have a lot of the M. Britt profiles which shine in that context, and I also got some of the high gain stuff from Top Jimi. Then my credit card lost its structural integrity so I decided to just play guitar while it cooled down. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I'd recommend that you first review the profiles that ship with the Kemper, as there are samples of many commercial profilers in there. That'll help give you a feel for what they do.

Also, "the best" profiles will vary for each person and for one are highly dependent on the style of music you play. What's awesome for rhythm & blues may not be so great for metal.

For context, I play classic rock. I have a lot of the M. Britt profiles which shine in that context, and I also got some of the high gain stuff from Top Jimi. Then my credit card lost its structural integrity so I decided to just play guitar while it cooled down. :)

Thank you! Yeah, I've done that - they're great but there's somethings I'm after.

1) Some great cleans. I've found some profiles that are great 'on the verge of breakup' tones, but I'm after some Mayerish cleans.

2) Paul Gilbert shred style gain. Not icepick gain, I just really love the tone Gilbert gets.

• The Rig packs should give you good exposure to how different profilers' work sounds with your gear. There's no way I could just pick three, with how many great ones there are out there. However, going through the Rig Packs will give you a good starting point. For people who don't have rig packs available, I'd check out Live Ready Sound, Big Hairy Profiles, Sinmix, Cililab, and Mattfig. I hate posting lists, because I always forget someone I intend to mention.

• Mine are, in no order:

Tone Junkie — A major institution around here. Gives away free profiles generously. Big contributor to the community in terms of tips and video coverage. Constantly creating new packs.

Selah Sounds — I've been pleased with everything I've bought from these guys. Not quite as prolific, but I haven't heard anything from that that isn't choice. The 65 D'Verb is a mainstay on my Kemper.

Top Jimi — His profiled cabs are in a league all their own. I'm not sure if he's using IRs or if he's just gotten really good at profiling, but they all seem to be very well suited to the amps. Probably my top choice for gain, but I'm still yet to find a super-hot profile from any profiler that sounds great with Tele pickups. Makes very in-depth playthrough demos.

Honorable mentions:

Brian Carl Music — Very pleased with the Brit Thirty pack I picked up this month. Definitely keeping my eye out for future sales and releases.

The Amp Factory — Huge selection. Only bought a couple packs from him (ENGL 646, Mesa Rectifier), but I've enjoyed them so far.

Rhett Shull — Another one to keep an eye on. Produces some interesting video content. I really enjoy his '64 Skylark; it too is in a league of its own.

Then my credit card lost its structural integrity so I decided to just play guitar while it cooled down. :)

Ha. Yep. The hidden cost of owning something with infinite range and possibility.

• Always interesting reading info like this. Thanks for sharing!

• My choices:

• Top Jimi - for classic and modern Rock tones for my Gibson 335. Love his Matchless and Engl Powerball profiles.
    • M.Britt - for low gain, cleans and pop tones. In particular for my telecaster and Strat.
    • Live Ready Sound - for more modern higher gain and rock tones. Great variety of tones. The fact none of the profiles are loaded with reverb as a default is a big bonus. I have been getting good use out of his triple rectifier el34, unchained Marshall mod, and Trace Elliott bass profiles.
  • SuckerFreeGear - modded Marshall/Bogner and Mesa goodness - these are my #1 profiles, I use them for everything.

LiveReadySound - dude does great stuff with all types of amps, you could play one pack for hours.

LasseLammert - definitive VH4 profile. Expensive but worth it.

• LiveReadySound for crunch and high gain....lots of profile with new one added well after purchase

Tone Junkie, great cleans, P&W like effects programmed in, lots of unusual stuff

For free or pay, hard to beat what Bommel gives us on a continual basis. Beyond generous, a profile philanthropist(if you don't mind adding your own cabs, the Engl sovereign set is nuts)

Brian Carl's stuff is great, ReampZone has some great hi gain.

Profiles are as subjective as any art from, it's in the ears of the beholder.

• Can't have just three need 4.

Bert Meulendijk Kemper Profiles - All of his packs are outstanding

Guidorist Profiles - All his profiles are outstanding

Blackmore Marshall Major profiles [Flying Snowman Prods] - Only the one amp a Marshall Major but it sounds like the real deal.

Katzbach's Marshall profiles are amazing and buying the Bundle is a no brainer, get it!

These four profilers are outstanding. Everything they make sounds great. What I really like about all four of them is their sound samples sound just like what you download. IMHO a lot of other profilers do not sound the same.

Honorable mentions TMS, Soundside. These are very good also.

Whisper me for ones to avoid, IMHO

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

Edited once, last by Laker: change my mind ().

• I've said for a very-long time (my preferences haven't changed) that my 3 faves are Bert, Guido and Michael.

Honourable mention goes to Ivan (Cililab), 'cause IMHO he has a knack for capturing vibe and mojo when it comes to heavy stuff, whereas I've found most in that area can sound thin, clinical and / or "phasey".

It feels unfair to single anyone out 'though, especially in the heavy department; we're very-spoiled when it comes to choices there, IMHO.

• Big Hairy profiles

MBritt

Tone Junkie

BM profiles

Guidorist

These are by far THE BEST! They cover everything!

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR