Using the Exp-pedals of the Behringer FCB

• Yesterday my Behringer FCB arrived. So now I'm managing Modulation Block on/off and TapTempo via Boss FS-6 and Programchanges via FCB.
    BUT: the two exp-pedals won't work. Initially CC# for Pedal2 is 7, which means Volume, but nothing happens.
    In the Kemper System menu I cannot find anything helpful .....*f.....* X( ;( :cursing:

• Check the range of values as well

Sorry, this is not an information, i can use. I'm an old analog man 8)
    I need detailed "Handlungsanweisung", sorry (leo.org will help.) step by step instructon. :thumbup:

I just fumbles around. There was some kind of value management, but not Low - high .....sorry for beeing confused, some years with no MIDI...

• Have you activated (Init pedal) the pedals from the system menu? (press "System" and scroll 'till you find the pedals setup)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

Edited once, last by guitarnet70 ().

• Press and hold ??? nothing happens

Press "System". ok. Page 4: pedals There are two switches Pedal 1 init and Pedal 2 init. When pressing, nothing happens !

The Kemper manual shoul have 500 pages, not 50 !

arrrgggghhhhhh !

• Press and hold

I mean just press, sorry I need some more coffee today....

Can some of the guys using the behringer (docLine6forum or ChrisBeaver) chime in? I do not know the midi settings menu of the behringer...

Pressing pedal 2 init and making a full swell, the led ring of "pedal 2" should move correspondingly, if that doesn't happen you need to check the midi settings on the behringer, but I don't know that unit

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• OK, reading the reference Manual says:
    The PEDAL 1 INPUT is routed to the wah stomp effects, as well as a few others, including the phasers and flangers. Pedal 2 represents the Volume Pedal that can be found in the RIG menu. You can configure both pedal inputs on page 3 of the SYSTEM menu.

But Page 3 of system menu is EMPTY.

So now for a trialanderror step by step.

Page 4: Pedals
    Pedal 1 is set for switch mono FX-Mod
    Pedal 2 is set for switch mono Tap.

This works for my Boss FS-6

The two switches above the display, which are named Pedal 1 Init and Pedal 2 Init are NOT lit and they have NO function at all !

Now lets try:
    Pedal 1 is set for Expr. Type 1 Wahwah (what the fuck is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 ???? No information bout that nowhere) and the second knob (Value) is set to 0. Turning this knob clockwise increases the "level". When hitting "Pedal 1 Init", the level is resetted to Zero.
    No action with the pedals from my FCB.
    Same thing with pedal 2 or Type 2.
    Nothing happens.

Fucked upped reading the manual ! X(

These completely insufficent manuals SUCK ! :thumbdown:

Hopefully its only the manuals. Without using exp-pedals, the KPA rocks 8)

• what the fuck is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 ???? No information bout that nowhere

Page 44 of the manual:

If you use a regular expression pedal (e.g. Roland), please select Pedal (Type 1) with soft knobs 1 or 3. If you use an expression pedal with reversed polarity (e.g. Yamaha), please select Pedal (Type 2).

• If you want to use the FCB's pedals please make sure that they send Midi CC #1 for one (which is for volume in the KPA) and Midi CC #7 for the other (which is for the KPA's wah).
    The KPA's system menu in this case is IRRELEVANT as it only determines how the KPA handles pedals that are connected directly.

The problem is not in the KPA but how you program your FCB.
    If your FCB has an UNO chip it's relatively easy as there are seceral good editors (e.g. Ripwerx).
    If you use a stock FCB, programming is a bit tedious but also possible without any Problem if you follow the FCB manual.

• Ok, stock FCB.

Programm settings: Pedal B, MIDI Ch 1 (KPA is set to Omni), CC = 1, Values 0 - 127.

Nothing works !

I still remember years ago, when I was also totally fucked up programming the FCB ....