New Looper Mode - Replace

• I think in addition to the record and overdub modes, we really need a "replace" mode.

In this mode, after you have already recorded a loop, if you step on record again, you begin to create an entirely new loop that replaces the old one.

This will allow for the looper to be more functional, imo.

For example, play a riff and jam/sing over it. Then hit the replace button, and record the next part of the song and repeat.

At present, without this functionality, you have to stop the loop, then erase the loop (possible by holding down stop for a few seconds), then you have to hit record again.

Really kills the flow while jamming. I have to pause every time while erasing a loop completely.

The replace could just be a selectable option on the play/overdub button.

In fact, I think it would be even more handy than overdub because how many of us would really use a one-loop looper for serious looping?

• Three taps on the stop button erases the loop.

By the way I would love this feature. I use the looper all the time.This would go along way into turning it into a performance feature as opposed to a practice one

• I think in addition to the record and overdub modes, we really need a "replace" mode.

In this mode, after you have already recorded a loop, if you step on record again, you begin to create an entirely new loop that replaces the old one.

So as a trial, I just re-wrote some of the code on my home built pedal to erase the loop and restart recording if a loop is already playing and you hit record again....basically a replace mode.

Worked quite nicely. Very cool!!

I think I'll add a little toggle to my pedal to enable this mode and try it some more as I was a bit too excited to hit the pedal at exactly the right time haha

Great suggestion nightlight.

• I have already been doing the same with my Gordius Little Giant, but since I got the Remote, I have been using that more with the Kemper as it is an elegant solution.

It's dead simple to programme, just send the four midi CC# for loop erase three times and then send the command for loop record start.

I really hope Kemper Amps will see fit to implement it as a Remote function.