Direct profiles

• Thinking of getting another kemper. Had one before years ago but didn’t actually own any amps at the time. Had some profiles I really liked at the time but felt like I was missing a big part of the kemper by not being able to profile myself.

Fast forward and I have a few Amps which I really like. Don’t have microphones and don’t have a decent space where I think I could do good profiles anyway.

So for those that dondorect profiles, obviously going direct or using other cabinet blocks, how good is the direct profiling process? What do you do to get the best results.

Thanks

• Direct-Profiles are easily to be made, because the delicate process of positioning the microphone(s) for best and authentic results is not necessary. Just use the recommended D.I.-Box (Don's suggestion above) and Profile your Amp at the desired Setting(s)

To gain the same Sound out of the self-made Profile compared to the original Amp, you should definetly make sure,

- to use the same (i.e. identical) cabinet

- the same overall-volume as with the Amp

especially the comparable volume-level is essential (according to Fletcher-Munson-Effect)

• I profiled an amps preamp using the effectloop...the results were surprisingly good, especailly when played back through the return of the perticulair amp obviously, but I play them regularly using the powersection in my kpa...sounds great.

• Thanks for the response - If i ever get my hands on that Fletcher-Munson guy!