What kind of cable do Ineed for SPDIF connection?

• Apologies, I somehow missed this.

Since you're not going into the computer with it, I'm guessing the AD / DA converters don't even come into play, i.e. Kemper L/R out -> Focusrite mic inputs -> line outputs. Of course, that's just an assumption, I don't know how they route things internally or whether it's "true bypass" in that scenario, as the pedal manufacturers would say. Be interested in hearing if the 4pre sounds any different.

Dude, I'm the last one to comment about bad habits. Beyond English (or rather American, as my British friends are fond of pointing out), all I know is just enough Spanish to get me kicked out of a Mexican bar. :)

^^ Yeah I'll let you know when I get it tomorrow :)

You should not connect the line outputs of the PROFILER to any microphone level inputs.

Connect them to the line inputs instead using a regular guitar cables.

Thats's good to know! That's what I was doing. But they go through Focusrite preamp either way it seems.

• If the 2pre is anything like the Scarlett 18i8 then connecting an XLR to the input will force a Mic level input - you really want a line level input so can you connect using TS (unbalanced) 1/4” cables? Or if you have them, XLR (Kemper end) to TRS will get you a balanced connection. Have a look in the Clarett manual to be sure about the XLR input.

But yeah, if you want the SPDIF connection, maybe better to switch to a different interface, I’d rather not involve more converters just for simplicity & troubleshooting. I don’t know the Clarett range at all, would a Scarlett suit if it’s cheaper? The 6i6 I think is the lowest model supporting SPDIF, MIDI etc. You may lose some detail in the pre-amps but are you using them?

• If the 2pre is anything like the Scarlett 18i8 then connecting an XLR to the input will force a Mic level input - you really want a line level input so can you connect using TS (unbalanced) 1/4” cables? Or if you have them, XLR (Kemper end) to TRS will get you a balanced connection. Have a look in the Clarett manual to be sure about the XLR input.

But yeah, if you want the SPDIF connection, maybe better to switch to a different interface, I’d rather not involve more converters just for simplicity & troubleshooting. I don’t know the Clarett range at all, would a Scarlett suit if it’s cheaper? The 6i6 I think is the lowest model supporting SPDIF, MIDI etc. You may lose some detail in the pre-amps but are you using them?

Yeah I actually chose the Clarett series because of the series pristine quality. I am planning to use their preamp for vocals. So I'll switch to the 4Pre version which has S/PDIF and the same preamp that I wanted originally. Best of two worlds.