Bass > KPA > Power Amp > Guitar Cabinet (???)

• Hello everyone! I recently purchased a non-powered KPA and a Crown XLS 1002 power amp. I’ve been running them into my Marshall 1960a 4x12 guitar cabinet for rehearsals. Today I just picked up a bass and am curious if I could plug in and play through my Marshall cab without blowing it? Appreciate any help!

• Shouldn't be a problem if you play at a moderate volume. It is best to start with a low volume and then increase it.

In order to be able to play with it in a loud band... (Metal, ect.) it could be too much.

Basscabs often have a very neutral sound and can handle larger impulses? better..... Guitar cabs are usually anything but neutral. Probably it will not give you the necessary frequencies and pressure.

Basically I would recommend a compressor stomp infront or behind the amp to reduce the very high peaks of the bassguitar.

• Awesome! Thanks for the help! I'll give it a try and report back for anyone else wondering. This isn't something I'll be doing often, or ever gigging with, but it's nice to know and will save the cash of buying an actual bass rig when I decide to grab the 4string every now and again at home.