Custom IEM Sleeves

• Update:

PCWerth have just replied and said they stopped offering custom moulds in October 2018. Custom IEM Co say they are no longer doing Shure but it looks like they may start again later this year according to their website. Still waiting on ACS replying but it looks like they may only do their own custom IEMs rather than sleeves for Shure and others.

• I think ACS stopped this some years ago.

Snugs offer a digital scan, which I am thinking of doing now. Just take sure your impressions are really good, because I had some done a Specsavers that proved to be poor and the sleeves never fitted properly.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I already have impressions from my audiologist but need to have sleeves made from these to fit my Shure SE425.

Do you have the Bluetooth version or the standard 3.5mm stereo plug?

If you're using the 3.5mm, Ultimate Ears' offerings all include the custom mold ear buds based on your impressions as well as the cable and plug, so you wouldn't need to sleeve the Shures, simply replace them.

I'm in the US and don't know what kind of presence they have in the UK but since they're a major player in the market I would think they might be an option for you.

I opted for the UE 5 Pros, which are $500 US. They have models going all the way to $1500 but in conversation with their sales reps (who are very down to earth and helpful) they told me that honestly, for what I was doing (guitar / vocals / full band mix) I really didn't need to spend any more money than that as the differences would be subtle at best. I've found their service to be excellent overall and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

https://pro.ultimateears.com/u…al-driver-custom-iem.html

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Thanks. Do you know if Snuggs charge a reduced rate if you supplied your own impressions. The price on the website is nearly £200 but seems to include the cost of impressions. I'm waiting on them replying at the moment.

The Snugs only option is £30 less if you already have impressions from what I read.

I found this too Alan:

https://snugs.com/register-with-snugs/

Karl

Edited once, last by karlic ().

• Thanks Chris. UE5 are £550 over here. I already have SE425 (cable) which I'm happy with but want better fit. It should be about 1/3rd of the cost to have sleeves made relative to buying a new set of UE. I'd rather put the cash towards a Sennheiser or Shure radio system :)

That certainly seems like a sensible plan to me!

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Thanks Morph. They were one of the companies I had in mind when I had my own impressions made. I thought I would just send my impressions to them or one of several other manufactures and get the best deal possible. When I contacted them they said they no longer offer the service for Shure. In fact in the end Snuggs were the only company I could find that would make them for my Shures

However, Snuggs wouldn't give any discount for having my own impressions. Therefore, the moral of the story is. If you live in the UK and need custom sleeves for Shure drives don't waste your time and money getting your own impressions made. Contact Snuggs direct and use their impression service as you are paying for it anyway. I was pretty miffed about it at the time but the service after I placed my order was actually fantastic and I had the finished molds in my hands (ears) in 7 days from posting the impressions.

• I found this out too Alan and ended up opting for ACS Evoke customs with built in headphones. They have to make molds from your impressions if they are not already on their system, so no point in getting your own done.

Sleeves are always a bit of a compromise anyway and I found the basic ACS is only £50 more than Snugs including impressions. Then I found a code for 20% off too:-) It was an easy decision and they are great so far.

Karl