Connecting (2) EVH 16 Ohm cabs from Kemper powered rack/Series or Parallel?

• Hi,.

Maybe someone can advise....

I just ordered the Radial Engineering "CabLink" .

The (2) 2x12 EVH cabs- are both 16 Ohms.

Do I hook these into the SERIES, or PARALLEL input from the Kemper?:/

Thanks in advance!!

• This Cablink is pretty cool.

As the little picture on it suggests, if you put the two 16 Ohm speakers in series, you'll get 32 Ohms.

If you put them in parallel, you'll get 8 Ohms.

I think the powered Kemper is specified 600 Watts into 8 Ohms. So I would put the two cabs in parallel to get 8 Ohms.

Don't think you can break anything either way, it will just be quieter if they are in series.

• There is only one thing to keep in mind, do NOT turn on the power amp with no load attached to it.

So basically plug in the speakers (or just one if you feel like for start) and you will be fine. With just one 16 Ohm speaker the max power will be 300W. (Needless to say, use speaker cables, NOT instrument cables for the cabs.)

Also, I would recommend starting at a low volume (not so much for protecting the gear but your ears).

(Solid state amps are much more tolerant of not having a load compared to tubes but in general I think it is a good rule to NEVER turn on a power amp without some sort of load / speaker attached.)

• So how are liking the setup?

• Just an quick FYI, while it is good advise no t to turn on an amp without a load (speaker not plugged in)

It is perfectly safe to do this with the Kemper.

If you don't want to take my word for it (which would be wise) :) check the manual.

Cheers

• Just an quick FYI, while it is good advise no t to turn on an amp without a load (speaker not plugged in)

It is perfectly safe to do this with the Kemper.

If you don't want to take my word for it (which would be wise) :) check the manual.

Cheers

Ditto.

Too many guitars, not enough strings!